• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't Hear Sound - Mixcraft

Share/Bookmark

Can't Hear Sound - Mixcraft

Birth Pains. Please bear with me.

Installed GPO4 (whew!) and I can hear sounds when playing on Aria.

But when I load the sound using my Acoustica Mixcraft, I can't hear anything. Any tips out there?

Re: Can't Hear Sound - Mixcraft

Hi,

Check your signal path. Make sure that there is a MIDI input into the Aria VST, that the MIDI input is going to a channel where you have an instrument loaded, and that there is an audio track with an output from Aria to the Master bus. Also try moving the modwheel using your keyboard controller or the one in the Controls section within Aria.

Got it!

All a matter of matching channels.

I can hear something now, but barely. I actually have a MIDI orchestral arrangement using the instruments native to Mixcraft (my sequencing software). I am now attempting to change each instrument into GPO. But I noticed that the volumes I get are extremely low. Anything else I could be doing wrong?

Raise the modwheel on your keyboard or in the Controls page of Aria. GPO winds and strings use CC1 (modwheel) to control the volume and timbre level of the instruments. Velocity controls the sharpness of the attack for these instruments. In instruments that are struck, such as drums and pizzicato strings, velocity is the primary volume controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Raise the modwheel on your keyboard or in the Controls page of Aria. GPO winds and strings use CC1 (modwheel) to control the volume and timbre level of the instruments. Velocity controls the sharpness of the attack for these instruments. In instruments that are struck, such as drums and pizzicato strings, velocity is the primary volume controller.
    Thanks. That did it!

The volume does't stick, though. The moment I move the volume slider on my sequencer (Mixcraft), the modwheel resets back to zero. Solved it by have a CC1 value of 127 at the start of the loop. But is there a way of locking the modwheel in Aria?

Go Back to forum