• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Brassed Off with brass libraries!

Share/Bookmark

Brassed Off with brass libraries!

Brassed Off with brass libraries!

What with everyone blowing their own trumpet so to speak !

Only joking...; in fact I\'m very keen on good sampled brass libraries.

However, it would also be nice to consider making sample libraries of rarely (if ever) sampled instruments.

Michiel Post is doing Post Church Bells, which he says is the worlds first sampled library dedicated to real church bells!

One of my suggestions for consideration is the Ondes Martenot. What\'s that ??? you may be thinking. Good examples of its sound can be heard in several of the mp3s from the Barry Gray Music of the Week site (http://pioneer.crc.paragould.ar.us/~...ygraymusic.htm), especially in the Captain scarlet section of the page.

I\'m sure there are many other interesting intruments to consider; surely Nick Phoenix hasn\'t covered everything in his Quantum Leap Rare Instruments library ?

Nicholas

Re: Brassed Off with brass libraries!

I completely agree there! It seems to me that Nick is making a step in the right direction with his Rare Instruments release. The demo blew me away, but so did the price.
    Nick, I realize that hiring these players on such exotic instruments isn\'t cheap, so I\'m not complaining! Just feel a little sad that I cannot afford it atm.

I welcome any new sound library, no matter what instrument(s). Church bells sounds like a cool addition. But I\'m sure there are a few more exotic instruments that hasn\'t been covered in the already existing libraries such as heart of asia,africa and rare instruments, so keep sampling!

What I would really like to see is a good cembalo and celesta. Some really old accordions (you know those that come complete with a worn out old man and a monkey) and a bent saw would be cool too. All kinds of new (and old) sounds would be nice to have!

Thomas

I\'d love to see more \'strange sound\' type of CDs in Giga format like prepared pianos that are actually playable within a song.
    Is it possible to tweak instruments out enough in the Giga editor to make them sound completely different or is the only answer to \'mixdown to audio\' then tweak the sounds out with plug-ins? I\'m geting tired of using the same sounds everybody has. I want to do some weird things to orchestral sounds and pianos and create my own sound. Can the Giga editor do this?
    I sure do wish they had a manual for the Giga editor as well. I\'m sure there is so much I could do with it if I just knew how.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    What I would really like to see is a good cembalo and celesta.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thomas,

By cembalo you mean harpsichord (that\'s the usual meaning, but sometimes people use \"cembalo\" for \"cimbalom\")? I think Worra\'s harpsichord set works well, and it\'s inexpensive. I also like the XSample celesta (I forget which volume; it\'s on the same CD as the harp).

Hi Thomas,

I\'m not sure which I\'d most prefer out of samples of a really old accordion or of the monkey !

Only joking...

I\'ve heard some very nice sounding accordions on Michiel Post\'s \"Post Accordions V2.0\" which is an Akai/EMU CD-ROM and may no longer be available. (Hopefully Michiel can update us on this).

Also, there is the new Classic Accordions CD-ROM from Bardstown Audio. The demos of it are lovely, but I\'m not shure the accordions on that are really old enough for what you may be looking for.

I have the (USB) Soundscan Volume 23 (Historical Instruments) CD-ROM which includes two accordions and a musette. However, I have not tried them yet.

Best regards
    Nicholas

Sorry, yes you are right, that\'s Harpsichord! In Norway we say Cembalo. I\'m sorry if I confused you. Thank you for the tip. I will definitely check out those libraries you pointed out. As for monkey samples vs. old accordions, I would really like a sample of an old accordion being crushed on the head of that old man, by an angry bypasser (with distant monkey screams

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nicholash:
    Hi Thomas,

Also, there is the new Classic Accordions CD-ROM from Bardstown Audio. The demos of it are lovely, but I\'m not shure the accordions on that are really old enough for what you may be looking for.

Best regards
    Nicholas

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are several older accordion sounds on the two CD collection of \"Classic Accordions\" from Bardstown Audio.

I do not have any MP3 demos of these older accordions on our web site. In the next few days, I will create some MP3 Demos of these older sounding accordions and get them up on our web site. www.bardstownaudio.com.

Thank you Nicholas for you compliments.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ursatz:
    Thomas,

By cembalo you mean harpsichord (that\'s the usual meaning, but sometimes people use \"cembalo\" for \"cimbalom\")? I think Worra\'s harpsichord set works well, and it\'s inexpensive. I also like the XSample celesta (I forget which volume; it\'s on the same CD as the harp).
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are there any great sounding Cymbaloms/Cimbaloms out there for Giga? I have been thinking about doing one for a long while. I also would like to do the Glass Harmonica. There is a virtuoso here in the area who is quite good. But Cymbalom, I would love a great sounding one.

Dan Dean

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dandean:
    Are there any great sounding Cymbaloms/Cimbaloms out there for Giga? I have been thinking about doing one for a long while. I also would like to do the Glass Harmonica. There is a virtuoso here in the area who is quite good. But Cymbalom, I would love a great sounding one.

Dan Dean, Brass Offerer
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted:
    I would really like a sample of an old accordion being crushed on the head of that old man, by an angry bypasser (with distant monkey screams...

Hmmm...I\'m glad there\'s only 20 people reading these posts.

[This message has been edited by Neal Keane (edited 08-23-2001).]

Go Back to forum