• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQL Sym. Choirs $195 - Buy or Not?

Share/Bookmark

EWQL Sym. Choirs $195 - Buy or Not?

i've sort of had my eye on this for a long time now, but i'm not sure if i should get it. i'd love a great choir, and to be honest i'm not blown away with the demos, but i'd think its the best choir library out there right?

so, i have until midnight to get this thing - should i?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: EWQL Sym. Choirs $195 - Buy or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    i've sort of had my eye on this for a long time now, but i'm not sure if i should get it. i'd love a great choir, and to be honest i'm not blown away with the demos, but i'd think its the best choir library out there right?

Hi Keith,

I bought it when it was released for $1,000.00, and for the price I paid I say it's not worth it, but at the time, things were different.

For the price that it's now being offered for, I'd say go for it.

Take Care,
    Steph

Most of the demos suck but the choirs are pretty good. Very big sound and the word builder works well. $195 is a good price. I think I paid $495 or something like that, but then I got a second product for free. I'd say go for it if you're thinking of buying choir samples. There aren't many options and Symphonic Choirs is in it's own league.
    /the Babies

If you don't have another choir lib and are looking into gettng one you can't go wrong. Not for $195.00. Even without WordBuilder there are tons of great usable sounds. You'll need a pretty robust machine. On my old P4, and the NI version, I had to build my choir stuff in a separate file. With my new Quad Core and the Play version it looks like smooth sailing.

The reality is that there is nothing close to this lib in terms of Worldbuilding features. Soundwise maybe SOV is a competitor but... at $195 you really can't go wrong.

2 cents,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Hey Keith,
    For $195 I'd purchase it if I wanted a choir sound. I purchased it for $495 (ouch) but I have a good time using it. It's a challenge, but at least it is a fun challenge!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

got it. thank goodness my new computer gets here friday, because i don't think this laptop can handle it.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Def pick this up. For the price you can't go wrong. Also the choirs sound amazing. WordBuilder on the other and is a bit of a challenge. But once you learn how to use it, its starts to become less stressful...East West had a 3 for 1 deal and I got the Choirs along with two others for the price of one. Anyway get it, you can't go wrong....
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post

We used it on a 28 minute piece last year and frankly to me it sounded absolutely great in the final mix. Anyone wanting a choir should really just jump at this price.

Thumbs up Re: EWQL Sym. Choirs $195 - Buy or Not?

This is really a great deal! Get it, I paid a lot more for it and although I have not yet used it in tracks, it is a great VSTi/lib (I have the Kompakt version, not sure if the Play version would work equally well in my setup).

Go Back to forum