• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kirk Hunter Emerald as starter?

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Emerald as starter?

Hi there,

Imagine someone who's worked a lot within Logic 7 but's been away from the game for awhile. Now they'd like to try and make a few demos for independent films and video game scores, and they realise that the basic samples within the exs24 are not good enough. That person would be me.

What about the Kirk Hunter Emerald as a starter? I was tempted by the VSL, but it's expensive, and frankly I don't really know what I want yet. What's the user interface and friendliness with Kirk Hunter? Are there any other basic orchestras available for under 300 that you can download for the mac?

Thank you for your time, I truly appreciate any comment here.

I use Logic 7 (but may use Ableton from time to time) with a mac intel running 10.4.11 (I really want to avoid going to 10.5 as this one is really stable).

I forgot to add, is this review representative of the Emerald for sale now?
    Last edited by FantasticNinety; 01-14-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to add link to review

Re: Kirk Hunter Emerald as starter?

Kirk beat me to the punch. The current Diamond offer is a steal!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

I would also recommend the Kirk Hunter libraries... Great sounding and great programming capabilities....

Thank you for the responses. In my searches, I stumbled upon this thread as well.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=63027

Thanks for the link to the pdf Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticNinety View Post
    Thank you for the responses. In my searches, I stumbled upon this thread as well.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=63027

Thanks for the link to the pdf Kirk.
    In all seriousness, I cannot think of a thread in all my years of being on the Internet with a ratio of mis-information to number of sentences in my life. Do *not* take that thread as any kind of basis for making a decision. You have been warned.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Don't forget that you need the full version of Kontakt to use these libs. Also take a look at Miroslav and GPO. There's a very active GPO community in another part of this forum.

Not to knock Kirk's stuff - it sounds great. But, if you're on a budget, understand that you will need to own Kontakt...

Why ?
    he already have logic the with EXS24

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter View Post
    Hey Kirk,

is there also such a pdf file for Ruby or better. for the komplete diamond EXS24 edition available ?

i also want to know, when i always have the exs24 diamond edition and i want to switch to the kontakt edition, do i have to download all the samples again, or just the kontakt instruments ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    Why ?
    he already have logic the with EXS24
    Ahh, not being a Logic user, I didn't realize it came with EXS24.

Sorry about that...

Go Back to forum