• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: If we offer our products in other formats, there will be no scripting. Is this OK?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Not having scripting is fine

9 56.25%
  • No - If it isn't the same, I don't want it

7 43.75%

Topic: Lyrical Distortion - Other Formats?

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Lyrical Distortion - Other Formats?

Hi Everyone,

We are considering offering our products in other formats. The formats that we are considering are:

Sfz
    EXS
    Halion
    Mach 5
    Reason nn-xt
    Independence
    Sample tank
    Structure
    Wusikstation

However, by using these formats, the libraries will lose the scripting functions used in Kontakt.

In the past, we've offered our libraries in Giga format, but a lot of users were unhappy that the Giga format didn't have the cool scripting features that were offered in Kontakt and we've since become Kontakt only.

We would appreciate your input regarding the lack of scripting with the other formats and which format would be preferred.

Take Care,
    Steph

Re: Lyrical Distortion - Other Formats?

I would like SFZ. I know that translations can be hardwork, but i believe that with SFZ, you can do much more than with the other mentioned formats. Even, using the Garritan ARIA sfz i think you can get similar results than with kontakt scripting. I dont know if the programming is easy, but i know there are a lot of possibilities with it.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    I would like SFZ. I know that translations can be hardwork, but i believe that with SFZ, you can do much more than with the other mentioned formats. Even, using the Garritan ARIA sfz i think you can get similar results than with kontakt scripting. I dont know if the programming is easy, but i know there are a lot of possibilities with it.
    Hi Marce!

Thanks for the reply

SFZ is definitely a strong contender.

We're just trying to find out which formats are most popular and then decide which one(s) to offer in addition to Kontakt.

Thanks so much!!

Take Care,
    Steph

I use LD all the time, the Kontakt version. As a Logic user, I might consider an EXS version. But if it ain't broke . . .

Thumbs up Re: Lyrical Distortion - Other Formats?

another vote for the EXS format

Yves

Thank you everyone, for your input

We've began converting to other formats (Yes, we're still doing Kontakt)

Other formats:
    Sfz
    EXS
    HALion
    Reason NN-XT
    MachFive
    Giga(2)

Still in the process:
    Wusikstation
    Independence

We'll begin with the Basses this weekend at a special price.

Best regards,
    Aaron

Go Back to forum