• Register
  • Help

Topic: sub bass in omnisphere

Share/Bookmark

sub bass in omnisphere

ive been playing around with allot of sub bass synthesis, trying to make good dubstep wobble sounds etc, its all great and sounds great accept for every low end bass sound has a verry high pitched ringing above it that i cant get rid of even with filters, it happens even with raw sine wave on new patch fresh start, bassy samples are also doing the same thing.

anyone help me with any suggestions on getting rid of these horrible/unwanted artifacts would be much appreciated.

Re: sub bass in omnisphere

I eq the top off so all I have is a low rolling bass.

I record in stand alone and mix all my tracks on a mixing board, I do not sequence so I can't tell you how to kill the top end using a sequencer but I'm sure someone here can tell you how to do it.

I use Magix for recording, Magix & Soundforge 8 for mixing and mastering.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

the eq wont help because the only time this artifact shows up is when a pure low sound is playing i put an eq on it but if i bring the high down nothing changes, once i start bringing down the low on the eq the artifact subsides with the bass as if it was bass.. verry frustrating. allthough its not really noticable when playing a full song it is a real piss off when programming sounds.

im using ableton live 8 by the way
    i exported an audio clip of low bass, opened it in itunes and couldnt hear the high pitch at all the bass sounded as it should, mabe its something to do with live?
    i am running on an onboard soundcard right now til i get my focusrite pro 26 back from the shop i think that may be an issure

Quote Originally Posted by basscrime View Post
    the eq wont help because the only time this artifact shows up is when a pure low sound is playing i put an eq on it but if i bring the high down nothing changes, once i start bringing down the low on the eq the artifact subsides with the bass as if it was bass.. verry frustrating. allthough its not really noticable when playing a full song it is a real piss off when programming sounds.
    It might be noise in the track. If that is what it is eq won't do anything, I use the eq to kill that high synth sound when it gets in the way. I'm shootin in the dark here because I don't have the track to play it and see what *&*%##@# it is....and yes, it's a real pain.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

do you have msn? mabe you can help me out

Go Back to forum