• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Cubase 64 Bit Video Playback Problems

Share/Bookmark

OT Cubase 64 Bit Video Playback Problems

I know I should be asking this over at Steinberg but I thought one of you Gentlemen or ladies would have a quick solution.

I am having problems playing video within Cubase 5 on a 64 bit Vista OS. Quicktime seems to be out of the question as there is no 64 bit version of it. I researched a lot today and saw some mention of Mpeg2. I exported my video, which contains a voice over so I need audio as well, out of After Effects as an Mpeg2 file. It does play but there are two problems. One, can't get the audio to sound and two the playback stops at random intervals making me have to stop and start the playback of the track.

I have tried other file types of video and other codecs including Mpeg4, .WMV, Cinepack etc. Ironically the Mpeg4 file plays perfectly outside of Cubase on the 64 bit machine. Audio and video perfectly in sync.

I rendered out the audio, in my video file, as a .wav file and layed it under the video track in cubase. I could then hear and see the video but the sync is way out.

On my old 32 bit system I would use either Quicktime or Cinepack codecs and all was well.

Is anybody succsecsfully running video clips inside og Cubase 5 on a Vista 64 bit machine. If so, can you give a hint as to how you are prepping the video file to play nice inside of Cubase.

I have to tell you the switch to a 64 bit OS has been a roller coaster ride. The high of loading up a mass of patches in Omnisphere and not seeing the CPU break a sweat (yeah!) to the lows of this video issue and my Wizooverb hassle (which is getting closer but still no cigar)

Thanks again guys for any feedback.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: OT Cubase 64 Bit Video Playback Problems

I just ordered Cubase 5 and I have Vista64 too so I will post my comments about this when I have it installed.

Hang in there.
    Pasi Pitkänen
    Website | Facebook

Have you tried to use avi?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    Have you tried to use avi?
    Yes. I have tried .avi with various codecs including uncompressed. Still no luck.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

I would recommend using the 32bit version of Cubase, where Quicktime does work and either J-Bridge any 64bit sample players, or host them in VE Pro.

D

Go Back to forum