• Register
  • Help

Topic: A "fan video" using a "Dorian" song

Share/Bookmark

A "fan video" using a "Dorian" song

This is a fun thing - A You Tube user, a fan of Gothic Horror stories, contacted me with the request to use the sound track from one of my videos as the sound track for her own video.

I thought it was great fun to have a "fan video" like this, so granted permission, sent her the .wav file of "Some Love Too Little" from my show, "Dorian Gray," and to go with it she edited together clips from the new film version of "Dorian" which stars Ben Barnes and Colin Firth.

A cool thing to have happen here at the start of the new year!

FAN VIDEO OF "DORIAN"

Randy B.

Re: A "fan video" using a "Dorian" song

How Cool Randy!

What a great New Year, Wedding, Christmas Present!

It was good to see mention of Moscow - how is that coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    How Cool Randy!

What a great New Year, Wedding, Christmas Present!

It was good to see mention of Moscow - how is that coming along?
    Oh good, I felt this would be a fun thing to share here. Like you said, I am finding it a nice combination New Year, Wedding, and Christmas present.

Moscow - My lips have to be tight on it for now, but things are looking Very Good, I'm happy to report. Hopefully before the year gets Too elderly, I'll be able to post something more specific.

But, in brief - The original plan to have the show open in 2009 didn't work out because the financial crisis hit the theatre and all of Russia very hard. They had to cancel some performances of other shows in their repertoire. But they never gave up, have been experiencing at least a bit of a rebound, and so now production plans are again in motion--I hope to be allowed to pass on specifics about an opening date ere long. Thanks for asking.

Randy B.

That's great to hear. I had despaired that your dream had disintegrated.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    That's great to hear. I had despaired that your dream had disintegrated.
    What a nice message to read - thank you for it, Alan.

It really is a classic show biz story, with all the ups and downs typical of the arena.

Originally I was to have flown back to Moscow early last year, to work with the group on up to their opening in the spring. But then the financial set-backs struck. Postponements and uncertainties.

Now, as I indicated in my earlier post, things are looking up again and the show should be opening in Russia in the first half of the year.

They treated me like royalty when I was flown to Moscow in November of 2008. I worked hard, ate well, drank well too. Altogether an unforgettable experience.

But even though the show is going forward, they're unable to be my hosts for a return trip. So as it stands right now, I won't be going back to Moscow to see their production of "Dorian." I wouldn't hesitate to return if I could make the trip possible on my own, but I can't. They need to pinch their pennies--their rubles, and pour everything they have into the theatre and the production.

Maybe somehow it will develop that I can get there for the opening, but it looks most likely that I'll need to make do with a video of the show, which I'm sure they'll be making and sending my way.

Randy

Go Back to forum