• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Installing GPO4 Samples

Share/Bookmark

Question Problems with Installing GPO4 Samples

Hello to everyone!

When installing GPO4 on Win XP, the setup programs says "Sounds of Personal Orchestra 4(xxx) failed!" after every sample (where xxx could stand for "FHN", "SFH" oder "TRP" ...)
    After installation, all the Samples-Directories are empty and Aria/GPO4 can't find the audio-files.

Has anybody an idea, what I could do getting the samples installed?

Thanks and a happy new year! :-)
    Patrick (herontronic)

Re: Problems with Installing GPO4 Samples

Hello Patrick and a warm welcome to our forums.

Sorry to read that your first post is about a problem you're having there of installing GPO4 and I'm not so sure I have an answer for you.

Often, installing problems can be traced to a firewall and closing the firewall enables the installation to go ahead. However, I downloaded and installed GPO4 without any problems at all without having to close Zone alarm. You could try this though; disconnect from the internet, close your firewall then try reinstalling. Having suggested this I doubt this is the answer.

Another possible cause of installation problems is a corrupt install file. You could try re-downloading your GPO4 (I assume you bought and downloaded direct from the garritan.biz). Although I'm not a fan of download managers, in this case I would suggest that you try using one to ensure that you do get a complete download.

If none of this helps and the problem persists then the only other suggestion I can make is to email: support@garritan.biz

I hope you get the problem resolved. Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for your help.
    I downloaded it once again and now it worked.

I downloaded the first version with my Mac OS X and unzipped it there. Then i copied the unzipped files to Win XP and then the problems appeared! With downloading direct to Win XP, i had no problems with installing!

Now i can read the tutorials and learn something about orchestration with GPO4 etc.!

Thanks,
    Patrick (herontronic) / absolute beginner

Quote Originally Posted by herontronic View Post
    Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for your help.
    I downloaded it once again and now it worked.

I downloaded the first version with my Mac OS X and unzipped it there. Then i copied the unzipped files to Win XP and then the problems appeared! With downloading direct to Win XP, i had no problems with installing!

Now i can read the tutorials and learn something about orchestration with GPO4 etc.!

Thanks,
    Patrick (herontronic) / absolute beginner
    Aha ... that would indeed explain everything.

Anyway, glad you resolved it and everything is going along for you. I'm sure you'll enjoy working with GPO4.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum