• Help

Topic: Commercials !

Share/Bookmark

Commercials !

OK, I\'ll give up with philosophy.

I\'ve developed a novel approach to expressive sampling:

1) harmonic analysis in the frequency domain
    2) vibrato/tremolo removal by a new (patent-pending) technique
    2) noise + harmonics (separately controlled)
    3) automatic pitch correction on a tempered scale by a new (patent-pending) tecnique
    4) realignment of harmonics in the time domain (patent pending)
    5) sampled sound lengthening (patent-pending)in the frequency domain
    6) real time coherent morphing (patent- pending)(soft to loud)in the time domain (Gigastudio)
    7) time domain portamento
    8) time domain legato

Anyone who is really interested can request further information to giorgio.tommasini@tin.it

[This message has been edited by Giorgio Tommasini (edited 08-29-2001).]

Re: Commercials !

Giorgio you\'ve been working on alot of this stuff for a while. I\'m really interested in hearing any basic results whenever you get some that you are willing to share.

I\'ve been trying to do some frequency analysis/shifting and sound editing to try and come up with some mroe expressive versions of existing samples.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Like KingIdiot and Endicott, I\'ve sent Giorgio email asking for details. But without intending to steal Giorgio\'s thunder, I\'m going wonder aloud here (as I did privately in my email to Giorgio) whether his techniques have anything to do with the various analysis/resynthesis techniques I\'ve become interested in in recent months. For example, have any of y\'all stumbled across the SMS (spectral modeling synthesis) page at
    http://www.iua.upf.es/~sms/

or the CSIS (combined spectral interpolation synthesis) page at
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~music/examples/csis.html

I\'ve downloaded the free SMS software but haven\'t yet taken the time to learn what it can do.

Giorgio, apologies if I\'m treading on your toes here. I\'ve been wanting to mention these sites to the forum for some time, but have been too shy to. This seemed like as good an opportunity as I can find.

I understand that those of you who are more professional than I am and have less time to consider pie-in-the-sky research may dismiss this stuff out of hand.

Oksi

I\'ve always got troubles with the new versions of sms. There are definite bugs and the manuals are not updated. My suggestion is to use the old 0.8 Windows version, which is flawless and easy to use.
    Giorgio

Go Back to forum