• Register
  • Help

Topic: Safe to do this?

Share/Bookmark

Safe to do this?

I have moved up to GPO 4/ARIA. Is there any reason for me to hold onto my earlier KP2 based GPO? I don't use it, and haven't used the GPO Studio for several years ( I do all of my work via a notation program). So, can I free up a few Gs of disk space? I have the discs, so I can always re-install; but I wanted to know if I would be doing something stupid by deleting the .nks files.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Re: Safe to do this?

You can delete GPO KP2. The Aria version does not use any of its components.

Thanks! I thought as much, but you never know...

Hey, we are only 8 posts apart...
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

If you want to be able to open old notation files without the hassle of having to manually replace all KP2 instruments with Aria instruments don't ditch GPO-KP2.

I too recommend keeping the KP version at least for a while.
    Dan

Hi, Ron - I go with the advice from Nickie and Dan, to keep the KP2 version as I've done. I often find myself needing to re-visit an older project for a variety of reasons, and it's naturally convenient to have it open up quickly and easily without the laborious re-construction job that would be needed if I had to set it all up again in Aria.

And with the other libraries still operating in KP2, it's a good option to have as few instances of a sample player loaded as possible - so projects that include JABB or CMB can be done with just KP. But of course it shouldn't be terribly long before the other Garritan Libraries will be available in Aria also.

rbowser

My situation is this: I use GPO/JABB through Sibelius. I don't use a sequencer, and don't use the Studio. Now that I have GPO4, I have two libraries, two playback engines, and less and less disk space... I can always re-install, as I have the original disks. If I had a larger hard drive, I probably would just be ignoring the issue, but space is space, and until a new computer, well...

I appreciate the advice, though. I may actually follow it!

Cheers,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Go Back to forum