• Register
  • Help

Topic: Last Week of Big Sales (Ruby, Concert Strings II)

Share/Bookmark

Last Week of Big Sales (Ruby, Concert Strings II)

I hope everyone here is having a wonderful holiday. Additionally, I want to thank everyone for making Concert Strings II a really big success so far!

Ok, to the point... Our sale on Ruby and Introductory sale on Concert Strings II is in its last week. Don't miss out! Prices go up the first week of 2010.

More info on Concert Strings II ...

Four Complete String Libraries in 1
    -1. "Whole" Divisions - A whole symphonic sized string orchestra.
    -2. "Half Divisions" - Half of the players of the symphonic section - Great for a more intimate feel.
    -3. "Quarter Divisions" - Four players or less per note - Great for Chamber Strings pieces.
    -4. Solos - One player per note.

-Over 1400 Instrument Patches
    -Over 50,000 Samples

-TVEC II - Sophisticated programming behind the Concert Strings II sample library.
    -DivisiLive® - TVEC II can automatically do divisi when you play a chord.
    -Select-A-Division - Instantly select from as many as four divisions in a single instrument on the fly
    -Division Blending - Create your own custom division blends from up to four divisions all in one instrument.
    -IntervaLive® - Create realistic, variable speed slides, and transitions between notes on the fly.
    -VibratoLive® - Create your own flexible vibrato styles. Much more than mere velocity or modwheel controllers can do.
    -Polyphonic Round Robin - Never get the same note played twice in a row...even when playing chords. Eliminates the dreaded "shot gun" effect.
    -TrillsLive® - TVEC II can "decide" whether to use half step or whole step trills depending on what key you are in.
    -MutesLive® - Mutes on/Mutes off.....on the fly.
    -Sustain Pedal Overlapping Notes - Smooth out note transitions and note repetitions.
    -Keyswitching and Automation - Up to 30 keyswitched features. Additionally, you can use MIDI or host automation to access these features.
    -Interactive Help Prompting - Hover the mouse over a feature, and the interface will tell you what the feature does.
    -Velocity or Modwheel Brightness - You can have the instrument sound brighter via velocity or modwheel.
    -Attack - Globally control the attack.
    -Release - Globally control the release
    -Velocity Attack - Globally control the attack via velocity.
    -Accent Levels - Globally control the accent amount of a long note.
    -Automation - Assign MIDI or host automation to any articulation or feature.

-Flexible Library Architecture - Instruments are created either stuffed with all divisions and articulations, or completely separated.
    -Tested to Play Well With Others - We've tested Concert Strings II to make sure that it blends wonderfully with other existing string libraries.

-Ships on Hard Drive Option - Hard Drive Installation - If you purchase the hard drive version, you get a good enough hard drive to literally plug-and-play this library.

See more information at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/pro...cs_str_ii.html and the online tutorial at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/Con...II_Manual.html
    Last edited by KirkHunter; 12-28-2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: information changed

Thumbs up Re: Last Week of Big Sales (Ruby, Concert Strings II)

Just want to put in a good word for the Concert Strings II library by Kirk Hunter Studios. Purchased it when it was on sale. And, because I've purchased other libraries from Kirk Hunter Studios, I got a discount on the sale.

Just spent the past couple of days checking it out. The programming for the Concert Strings II library will make my modest sequencing for strings much easier. I like the way that the different string groupings and articulations are "controlled". Most importantly, though, the string library sounds wonderful!

Many thanks to Kirk Hunter and company for creating another great library.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: Last Week of Big Sales (Ruby, Concert Strings II)

Well, unfortunately I'm not as enthusiastic :

I indeed contacted Kirk,

- a first time, weeks ago, in order to know what the xgrade price would be (I'm a user of Diamond).
    I received a reply (quote ?) in a couple of days.

-then a second time, in order to tell him (as kindly as possible I think, what follows is summarized) that : offering a -not so trivial- preorder price without providing enough listening material for an educated choice (less than 5 demos at the time, most of them blended with older strings), and without giving any clue about how long this offer would stand, was not the most friendly attitude I could think of.
    I never had a reply.

I see now that a couple of new demos have been posted, which seem to reveal a bit more about the expectable quality.
    I wish they were here before the end of the offer.

But anyway, the unreplied message, from someone who, in the past, had been friendly and responsive, was bitter to swallow....
    All of this makes me a bit unsure about going on with KH libs.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog View Post
    Well, unfortunately I'm not as enthusiastic :

I indeed contacted Kirk,

- a first time, weeks ago, in order to know what the xgrade price would be (I'm a user of Diamond).
    I received a reply (quote ?) in a couple of days.

-then a second time, in order to tell him (as kindly as possible I think, what follows is summarized) that : offering a -not so trivial- preorder price without providing enough listening material for an educated choice (less than 5 demos at the time, most of them blended with older strings), and without giving any clue about how long this offer would stand, was not the most friendly attitude I could think of.
    I never had a reply.

I see now that a couple of new demos have been posted, which seem to reveal a bit more about the expectable quality.
    I wish they were here before the end of the offer.

But anyway, the unreplied message, from someone who, in the past, had been friendly and responsive, was bitter to swallow....
    All of this makes me a bit unsure about going on with KH libs.
    I indeed received the communiqués. The first one had some questions along with some well-expressed opinions. I replied as soon as I could, given the crazy schedule I had at that time. The second communiqué I received was also laden with well-expressed opinions and some suggestions. However, no request for a reply was made; at least none were contained in THAT note. And time was at a premium at the time, the only "response" to that last note was to indeed post a few more demos. I might add that none of the demos mixed any other string libraries in.

As most of you know, I do my best to personally address any and all questions. If there were any that I missed, or didn't receive then my apologies.

Bear in mind, if youre considering buying, that if youre outside the US the hard drive only comes with a US power cable and is not USB powered.

In which case, you should save on international postage and go for the download option.

when i always have the diamond EXS24 version and i want to buy the kontakt version, do i have to download all of the samples again, or do i only need the kontakt instrument files ?

Go Back to forum