• Register
  • Help

Topic: Morphestra Owners...

Share/Bookmark

Morphestra Owners...

Morphestra Owners...

I'm considering buying this behemoth of a price tag Rompler/Sample set for Kontakt.

Any thoughts about it?

The demos are stunning and I just had one response to a similar thread at NI's forum and they were blown away by the overall sound, quality, and usefulness of the content (They were also Omnisphere users which I am as well)

Any comments in comparing Morphestra with Omni? I know they are different weapons but I'm primarily interested in overall sound, playability of multi's , and weather the it's worth the price tag (don't care about the glyph drive). .

Thanks for the
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Re: Morphestra Owners...

I haven't really tried Omnisphere so I can't compare them well, but I ordered Morphestra two days ago and I can give you a review and maybe a self-made demo when I get it (there are only 6 demos on the site, kinda annoying). I hope it's worth the money. I think it will be though, I've heard it's awesome. I have SampleLogic's WaterHarp which is amazing and at the same time only a $49 library. Let's see how good their $699 library is..

I'll be back with a review soon if you're interested!
    /the Babies

Hello Bigcohoona,

You should visit the NI website more frequently.

I answered in a very long post on your question at NI forum on the 17 December already.

I actually had read your post, thanks!

I just went back and reread it and realized I had forgotten to give you some gratitude. Welcome to NS by the way, great community.

You have a serious sample base to play around with, I'd have to buy several new hard drives to put some of your acquisitions in my Mac.

Interesting that your copy of Morphestra came with a 160 gig hard drive...having a little glyph would be a nice edition to my live rig. What is the RPM of the glyph...7200?

Do you by any chance have the Kontakt 4 upgrade? How does the library compare to 3's?

Thanks again.

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBabies View Post
    I haven't really tried Omnisphere so I can't compare them well, but I ordered Morphestra two days ago and I can give you a review and maybe a self-made demo when I get it (there are only 6 demos on the site, kinda annoying). I hope it's worth the money. I think it will be though, I've heard it's awesome. I have SampleLogic's WaterHarp which is amazing and at the same time only a $49 library. Let's see how good their $699 library is..

I'll be back with a review soon if you're interested!
    Very interested, thanks for the offer.

The Demo's I thought really were well done, but sometimes...they can almost overdo the demos and give you something hypertweaked becoming more of a tribute to the composer than being such a great representation of the library (I don't think this is the case with Morphestra).

Hope your purchase was worth it and glad to hear Waterharp is so well done, I've been looking at that one as well

big~C

I just got Morphestra and I'm loving it... the sounds are amazing, and there's so much content in there that it feels overwhelming (in a good way!). The price is a bit steep, yeah - but once you start playing with it, you'll quickly feel like the price was worth it. Great library.

Kerry

Go Back to forum