• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Garritan Community Christmas - other download location?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Community Christmas - other download location?

Would anyone know of another download location for the Garritan Community Christmas music (this or previous years)? The links on the official Garritan website do not work, I have tried to notify the support, with no answer.

Thank you,

Martin

Re: Garritan Community Christmas - other download location?

Hello Martin and a warm welcome to our forums.

When you connect to www.garritan.com, at the top right you will see the 'Free Holiday Album - A Garritan community Christmas, Volume 6'. On the bottom right of this graphic you will see 'More'. Click on this to take you to the downloads page.

When the downloads page opens, scroll down a little to: 'Download Songs from the Garritan Community Christmas Album'. Just right-click on each 'mp3' then select: 'Save Link As' and select a download locatrion on your computer. That should do it.

Alternatively, I have provided a link to the downbloads page:

http://www.garritan.com/xmas_2009.html

Hope you enjoy listening to the tracks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Michael just beat me to it. Right click on each of the mp3s (on the arrow) instead of left clicking and select "save link as" (or "save target as"). This should give you each song. I don't believe there is a file with all songs together (probably to huge). This works also with the older Christmas CDs.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by martinprachar View Post
    Would anyone know of another download location for the Garritan Community Christmas music (this or previous years)? The links on the official Garritan website do not work, I have tried to notify the support, with no answer.

Thank you,

Martin
    As Michael and Rich have said, those links are working fine. After reading your post, I went to the page again - the MP3 player works perfectly, and so does the download. On my laptop, for saving the MP3s, I don't need right click and "save as"--the download button works as it was built. Either way that works for a visitor I guess.

All working!

Randy

Randy said,
    I don't need right click and "save as"--the download button works as it was built.
    That's interesting, because when I click on the download button, I get taken to a QuickTime player that just plays that song. Hmmmm

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Randy said,

That's interesting, because when I click on the download button, I get taken to a QuickTime player that just plays that song. Hmmmm
    Hi, Rich.

The MP3 player on the left side of the page with the Reindeer plays songs immediately when I select a track. On the right, where all the songs are listed again under "Download Songs," I just push a button with the download arrow and it starts downloading - as designed.

I'm on Vista and use the Download helper. I suppose that's the difference. But it seems to be working the way the page was built.

Randy

Nope, just tried again and it just goes to a QuickTime player on its own web page and plays the song. Must be my setup. Thanks Randy. Between all these discussions, Martin should be able to get his downloads.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Nope, just tried again and it just goes to a QuickTime player on its own web page and plays the song. Must be my setup. Thanks Randy. Between all these discussions, Martin should be able to get his downloads.
    It must be Firefox and its Download helper which is making it work for me, Rich.

Yes - Martin--Surely you're getting the MP3s now!

Randy

Thank you all for your suggestions, however, it did not help.

I have three workstations on which I tried, used win xps, win vista, IE 6, IE 8, Firefox, Google Chrome... No matter what I try, I always end up either directly with the 403 error message "You don't have permission to access /xmas/2009/01_O_Come_All_Ye_Faithful_-_Dan_Kury.mp3 on this server." or with a different error related to this.

When I try saving target as (via right click), with some browsers I manage to download the "MP3", but it really is not the MP3 - only the name, the size is 333 bytes and Windows media player is not able to play it (obviously).

I know a few other sites in US from which I easily download free MP3 music - the kind I like, and I am even able to download directly from Dan Kury's website - using either the link or the right click and save target as, so I really do not think the issue is on my side.

My site programming knowledge is rather limited and I do not have a clue for what might be wrong. I do not believe ever hearing about teritoria selective access rights, when it comes to web pages, (like blocking users from Europe?), so my only guess would be that something is not quite right when it comes to a database - if such is used on the website. My GPO 4 and Steinway Basic downloaded just fine.

Any more suggestions? I have now read more posts and realize the time might not be right for taking a deep look into this, but I would still like to have the mp3s...

Quote Originally Posted by martinprachar View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions, however, it did not help.
    All extremely odd, Martin. I have Zero problem listening and getting music from the Christmas CD page both on my Vista Laptop and my XP desk machine. Can't imagine what's going wrong for you.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum