• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2010 can't find GPO4 vst

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2010 can't find GPO4 vst

I upgraded today to Finale 2010 and after installing it, I tried some pieces that I am working on. All seemed fine. In the Launch Finale window I had my choice of:
    GPO for Finale
    KP2
    ARIA
    SmartSynth

(maybe not in that order)

I decided to uninstall Finale 2009 to free up some wasted disk space and when I went back into Finale the only 2 choices I had available are:

GPO for Finale
    SmartSynth

I used the manage VST from the Instrument Setup window and pointed to the ARIA dll location on my HD.

It stll doesn't show me the option of using GPO4 and its ARIA player (which I like much better than the Finale Player).

Any ideas?

p.s. I am also putting this in the Finale Forum to see if they have any idea.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Re: Finale 2010 can't find GPO4 vst

That sounds like the problem where there's a missing dll or missing .txt file in Finale's VST directory. Is that possible?

Steve Winkler

Thanks for the reply Steve. I think I solved the problem. Soooo, I guess like Gilda Radner used to say on SNL: "NEVER MIND".

It seems a member of the Finale Forum had the same problem and his solution was to uninstall then re-install GPO4 and delete the Garritan folder in "Documents and Sharing". I did that but just deleted the Garritan folder in "Documents and Sharing" and installed over the top of everything that was there before (it asked to install in the same place and I said "yes to all". Now it finds GPO4. Now, if someone knows how to get KP3 back to being recognized, that would be great to. i need Kontakt Player 3 for JaBB for a little while longer (I hope) until JaBB comes out in the ARIA engine. It is not listed in the vst manager for Finale and I can't find it (maybe it was on the hard drive that crashed for me. Hmmmm

So, everyone who may be installing Finale 2010 maybe my comments here will help.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

I'm glad you solved your problem.

As far as I understood, Finale gets it's list of available VST's based on the text files it sees in the "Finale VST" folder in the install directory. The dll file has to be there too for everything to load properly. Maybe something has changed in 2010 which I don't have yet.

Steve

Go Back to forum