• Register
  • Help

Topic: Before I do something stupid . . . 8-)

Share/Bookmark

Before I do something stupid . . . 8-)

I just purchased CHH Vol. 2, and the installation instructions tell me to install Kontakt Player 2.2.5.

Now, I know Kontakt Player is now way past 2.2.5, and in addition, I have Kontakt 3 already installed on my system, with my upgrade to 4 sitting on my desktop waiting to be installed.

Do I still have to install KP2.2.5? Even if I have Kontakt 3? and even though KP is up to 3.5 or 4?

I've been to Best Service site, Hein and I've searched here on NS, and even though this seems obvious, I couldn't find the answer to this question. If I've missed it, please point me in the right direction.

In case it matters, I'm on WinXP sp2

Re: Before I do something stupid . . . 8-)

Why are you afraid, bzb1, its only a program( and a good one,) it won`t do any harm either way

If I am not mistaken, your best bet would be to install the library and authorize it through the service center, then go to the "Libraries" tab in your Kontakt - It will show up there, or there is a "add library" button which can do the trick. I think you are better with using the full Kontakt anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladzakr View Post
    Why are you afraid, bzb1, its only a program( and a good one,) it won`t do any harm either way

If I am not mistaken, your best bet would be to install the library and authorize it through the service center, then go to the "Libraries" tab in your Kontakt - It will show up there, or there is a "add library" button which can do the trick. I think you are better with using the full Kontakt anyway.
    8-)

I was hoping I could do just that - use Kontakt 3 (or 4, once I get around to installing it), but I didn't know whether CHH is somehow tied to the version of the KPlayer that comes on the install disk.

Thanks for the quick response Vladzakr !

You can run all CH libraries with the free Kontakt 4 player that is available at the Native Instrument website.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

And they will also run fine in Kontakt 4 itself (when you get it installed). BTW, if you are going to install K4, note that, after it's installed, K4 won't allow you to install the K4 player, because K4 does everything the player does and more.........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Thanks, all! I appreciate the input here.

Playz123, I'm just curious - I see you've got both Chris Hein Horns and also Mojo. I had trouble deciding b/w the two of these packages. Could you give perhaps a thumbnail sketch of how you see the differences between them in use?

Not that I'm able to go back and change my vote - coin is too tight for that

8-)

Re: "Could you give perhaps a thumbnail sketch of how you see the differences between them in use?"
    Hm-m, tough question, mate! Actually they both have their pros and cons. For solo work I definitely prefer CHH, and find the keyswitches much more to my liking, like where they are placed and, as well, the final 'sound'. MOJO, on the other hand has some great "sections" that you can easily set up or adapt and, of course, a huge collection of prerecorded licks. The solo instruments in MOJO also work very well though. I find MOJO perhaps a bit more 'raw' in sound than CHH, but that's just my opinion. MOJO basically has a lot of bang for the buck in one package, while CHH is spread over a 3 package 'set' (so far). When push comes to shove, I guess, I would rate CHH higher in many categories, but one can do a lot with either MOJO or CHH. If you've already bought CHH, then just enjoy and don't feel you've made a mistake....you haven't. And if some extra cash ever comes your way, then maybe you can look into MOJO some day as well. I don't really NEED both I guess, but it's nice having both...and I do use both. HTH, a little anyway.................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    Re: "Could you give perhaps a thumbnail sketch of how you see the differences between them in use?"
    Hm-m, tough question, mate! . . . <snip> . . . HTH, a little anyway.................playz
    It do indeed, thanks for taking the time - I appreciate it.

bzb

Go Back to forum