• Register
  • Help

Topic: credits

Share/Bookmark

credits

Hi

I\'ve just posted new songs on mp3.com and I wonder if I have to list every library I used in the vredits section?

thanks

yrjiok

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: credits

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yrjiok:
    Hi

I\'ve just posted new songs on mp3.com and I wonder if I have to list every library I used in the vredits section?

thanks

yrjiok
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on the individual library. I am personally NOT in favor of requiring people to credit a sample library, but nevertheless some producers ask this. By using their samples you agree to do it, by law.

Therefore, if you have no libraries which specifically state this requirement you do not have to do it. If you do, then you must credit them, and there is usually a specific phrase which you must use.

I think this is really beyond what someone should rightfully ask. Steinway doesn\'t require people to credit their pianos, Bach doesn\'t require anyone to credit their trumpets...so why should any \"instrument\" require credit?

That said, I generally go out of my way to credit producers of sample libraries, but I\'d like to do it because I\'m truly appreciative of the skill and effort, not because someone \"makes\" me.

Re: credits

I asked this because I just bought Metamorphosis and the sentence to put in the credits section is given loud and clear. So I wondered if that applied to my other libraries (AO, XSample).

Thanks for the answer

yrjiok

Go Back to forum