• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 6 Failed to Recognize GPO4 library and Aria Player

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 6 Failed to Recognize GPO4 library and Aria Player

hello all.

i have the Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 library (GPO4) and Sibelius 6 installed (in that order) on Windows XP.

Sibelius failed to recognize the Aria player, and only did so when the appropriate Aria dll file (e.g. ARIA Player VST_x86.dll located in C:\Program Files\Garritan\ARIA Player\VST) was placed in the VSTPlugins folder of Sibelius (C:\Program Files\Sibelius Software\VSTPlugins).

furthermore, i cannot get Sibelius to recognize the GPO4 sound set, even when a GPO4 sound set file (in xml format and obtained from a Sibelius 6 update installation) is added to the Sibelius 'Sounds' folder (C:\Program Files\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 6\Sounds).

even when the Aria player shows up in the list of available sound devices (Play > Playback Devices > Active Devices Tabsheet) after having added the aforementioned Aria dll file, the GPO4 sound set is not present in the sound set drop-down list.

it seems that Sibelius 6 has failed to recognize both the Aria player and GPO4 library following installation of the Sibelius program.

any useful advice would be appreciated. thank you.

thed

Re: Sibelius 6 Failed to Recognize GPO4 library and Aria Player

Thed,

I can't give specific advice - I'm on a Mac. The best thing to do - if you haven't already - is to post this on the Sib forum. I know it does work, and integrates very smoothly; something is not in the right place, and Sibelius is not seeing it...

Post over there, and you'll have an answer shortly.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Do you have Sibelius 6.1 installed? This version is required for the Aria player to be recognized.

Yeah, forgot that you need 6.1 (free download if you have 6).
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Go Back to forum