• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What will be the third STEAM instrument

Share/Bookmark

What will be the third STEAM instrument

Hi,
    Yes I know Eric will not say a word in this thread, but I am curious what do ppl believe or want to be the third STEAM instrument....It was pretty clear to me giving the wording of Omnisphere and Trilian's installation that there will be more STEAM engines.....what do ppl think will be the next one?

Personally I am hoping a Roland XV-5080/Triton/Motif Killer...I am looking for THE software workstation...

what do others think?

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Re: What will be the third STEAM instrument

I would love to see a real serious Voices product with the Steam Engine.... I mean something where you could also type in the words and a singer will sing them. And maybe link it to Omnisphere? Could be cool.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

I was going to say rmx 2 - but that's SAGE and not Steam - silly me.

What I would like is a bunch of expansion packs for omnisphere - some would be real artsy like most of omnisphere and others would pick an instrument like a sitar and do it very detailed - like they did with some of the basses in trilian. I'd probably buy them all.

Hi All,

I would like to see detailed expansion sets as Jeff has suggested. Mostly for traditional instruments.

regards John

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post

Personally I am hoping a Roland XV-5080/Triton/Motif Killer...I am looking for THE software workstation...
    For me, this is Omnisphere already. I haven't messed with the Roland you speak of, but there is nothing about the Triton or Motif that is better than Omnisphere for me. I guess it has some more traditional type of stuff like pianos and such, and drum kits, but I prefer RMX to any of their drums, and there are already so many options if you want a realistic piano that crush ROM synths like these.

I like the idea of Omni expansion packs, though there are already sooooooo many sounds in there, suppose there are always room for more though, and having packs that specialized in certain areas would be cool.

Really hoping for RMX 2 soon! Wouldn't mind seeing some cool new expanders as well!

As far as a completely new instrument, I guess it could be cool to see some lead type of instrument with lots of crazy ethnic type of stuff, flutes and stringed instruments and maybe a nice grand piano or something. Honestly I'm pretty satisfied with the current lineup, though I would buy the next Spectrasonics instrument that came out without even knowing what it was!

you sort of said what I am about to say........Omnisphere was never meant to provide bread and butter sounds like brass, pianos etc.....I want a version that does.....

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    I would love to see a real serious Voices product with the Steam Engine.... I mean something where you could also type in the words and a singer will sing them. And maybe link it to Omnisphere? Could be cool.
    I totally agree. There are a ton of great instruments already out there, but far fewer voice products and of those almost all are classical choirs. Convincing lead vocals are probably still far in the future, but howabout some realistic rock/pop backup vocals.

Hi..I would like to see a version of Omni.which is the synth section...Sans the factory content .. And allowed for audio files to be imported...As it is Omni.is just too large to have on my Laptop which is a drag..Many times I would just like to utilize the synth waves without it being tethered to the whole library of sample content...Of course it would be nice for it to be standalone and have a full on sample editor...JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

Quote Originally Posted by Plus View Post
    I would love to see a real serious Voices product with the Steam Engine.... I mean something where you could also type in the words and a singer will sing them...
    +1! Yamaha never really pulled it off. I feel that there are only 2 innovative companies that could nail it. One would be Spectrasonics the other would be Celemony.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    +1! Yamaha never really pulled it off. I feel that there are only 2 innovative companies that could nail it. One would be Spectrasonics the other would be Celemony.
    I agree, I think Spectrasonics could pull this off lovely. But like someone else said on this thread "I would buy whatever Spectrasonics puts out"
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Go Back to forum