• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trilian in Omnisphere Question, Trilian Scale (Tuning)

Share/Bookmark

Trilian in Omnisphere Question, Trilian Scale (Tuning)

1. Any way to access the Trilian Custom Controls when loading Trilian patches in Omnisphere?

2. I can't seem to find a way in Trilian to access the "SCALE" parameter (custom/alternate tunings). I see the .../Presets/Tuning File folder in Trilian's STEAM hierarchy, but can't locate it in the GUI or reference guide. Am I missing something?

Any thoughts before I ask Spectrafolks support?

Collard

P.S. Really enjoying Trilian!!

Re: Trilian in Omnisphere Question, Trilian Scale (Tuning)

Quote Originally Posted by scollard View Post
    1. Any way to access the Trilian Custom Controls when loading Trilian patches in Omnisphere?
    No. Of course all the same parameters are there, just not that custom interface.

2. I can't seem to find a way in Trilian to access the "SCALE" parameter (custom/alternate tunings). I see the .../Presets/Tuning File folder in Trilian's STEAM hierarchy, but can't locate it in the GUI or reference guide. Am I missing something?
    No. Omnisphere has that feature, but not Trilian.

P.S. Really enjoying Trilian!!
    Great! :-)

Thanks very much for your help Eric.

I humbly submit that these would be two very powerful new features to consider for future updates.

Collard

So what is the advantage of running trilian from within omnisphere? Is there anything besides being able to mix and match sound sources (which can be a nice advantage)?

Well, for one thing, you could use Omni's alternate tuning system, which is not available in Trilian (as discussed in this thread).

Omnisphere's "Master Filter" also helped me match a setting I had created in Trilogy (Trilian has no Master Filter). Admittedly, I could have done it using the UVI filters in Trilian by ear, but it was eluding me until I used Omni's Master Filter. This is a bit obscure, though.

Also, the Synth soundsources in Trilian present a vast new collection of material for leads, pads and other things we normally associate with Omnishpere, so for that alone it is like an Omni Expansion pack!

The biggest advantage is as you mentioned, layering Omnisphere and Trilian soundsources. And that's one very big advantage!

Well.... When I bring the "Rock P-Bass pick-full range" into omnisphere, there is no round robin (just the same sound over and over again). It works fine in trilian so I don't really care - I'll just use trilian for electric p-bass - but I put it in here for people considering using omnisphere as their interface for trilian. It's probably just a bug that will be fixed soon, anyway.

It sounds like you might have round robin turned off on the system page.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    It sounds like you might have round robin turned off on the system page.

- Glenn
    yes, that was it. thank you.

Go Back to forum