• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Still completely stuck

Share/Bookmark

Still completely stuck

After following everybodies (kind) advice, I have removed omnisphere, trilogy and RMX from my new win7 64 Cubase 5 64 bit system. I also removed all libraries.
    I have completely reinstalled omnisphere from the orginal disks - it worked, but when I then updated to 64 bit - and correctly identified the path to the sample libraries, I find that Omnisphere cannot find the default multi or the samples.
    I have rung the US support line but its an answer phone. I am UK.

I have put a shortcut to the STEAM folder in with the omnisphere dll. Both the library and the dll are in bespoke locations. There are no other spectrasonic libraries or omni dlls on my system apart from the 64 bit one. I have deleted the 32 bit one as my whole system is 64 bit.

Can anyone help please - three days of installation grief so far.

Spectrum?

thanks for the help

Zero
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Re: Still completely stuck

Just a stupid question but did you watch the WatchMe.mov on Disc 1?
    If I remember correctly the STEAM shortcut should not be at the location of the DLL but in the Program Files\Spectrasonics folder.
    If you don't succeed another option is to go to a dealer in your neigbourhood?

Hi,

The shortcut of the STEAM folder should be placed in your Spectrasonics folder. On Windows 7, this is located inside your ProgramData folder.

Remove the "shortcut to" so that the shortcut name is only STEAM.

Let me know if this works out. All of this information is available in the support area of the Spectrasonics website. You can always send an email to ilioquestions@ilio.com for these type of questions. We are their exclusive distributor.

We will help you as best as we can.
    Austin Haynes
    Sales and Technical Support
    ILIO

Sorry for mentioning the wrong path on W7. The new plugin version fixes your issue because it asks for the STEAM folder's location when it's not set.

thanks for the replies - still not working. I have a shortcut to the STEAM folder in three locations now - one with the DLL in MyVST64 bitPlugins
    One in the Spectrasonics folder in programx86, and one in ProgramaData specxtrasonics folder.

The correct 64 bit VST opens in Cubase, but cant find any libraries.

It would be so much easier if you could point omni from within the VST like other apps (say East West).

Any other ideas?

Spectrum?
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

I have also tried only having a STEAM shortcut in my ProgramDATA/Spectrasonics folder

thanks

Zero

Exclamation Re: Still completely stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    try the new 1.14 update. maybe that fixes it for you.
    As mentioned in my previous post. Good you added the version. ;-)

Yes this new update (yesterday's date) has fixed the issue, for the first time it displays a dialogue box which allows you to select the STEAM folder location. 1.3 did not give me this option.

Anyways all is well now, thanks for the help guys...

next RMX!

then wait for the postman with Trilian!

harmaes I did not understand you I did not know there was a second new 'new' version.

As I have said before.. readers dont let these installation traumas put you off omni is worth it.

Zero

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero View Post
    harmaes I did not understand you I did not know there was a second new 'new' version.
    Zero
    I wrote this when the 1.14 version was released and I mentioned that this version asks for a steam folder when it's not set.

Good to read it's working now and compliments to Spectrasonics for implementing this simple solution!

Go Back to forum