• Register
  • Help
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Topic: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Share/Bookmark

Re: THE MIRACLE - Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I enjoyed the atmosphere of this piece from the tranquil opening through the more ominous section, and right through to the end, and just occasionally I was reminded of Sibelius (parts of Tapiola in particular).
    Congratulations on a very impressive piece of tone painting - also following the score gave an additional dimension.
    Eugene
    Many thanks, Eugene... thank you for putting me
    in such good company!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

David - in some countries they leave their leaves over the winter and pick them up in the spring - would that suit you better or are we going to have the same problem then?

Just getting to your piece and very glad I did! Very beautiful - even more so the second time around. Earning this a spot in my itunes library - (better than a Grammy in my opinion as I have very tough entry requirement!)

When I first went to your site I quickly glanced around and thought the Miracle was 11:15 minutes long. (Mistaking the date for the time in the right column) So, after grimacing about the long piece, (as I still have to work for a living) I started to play it. Then, it all ended too quickly as I was really enjoying it so much. Realizing my mistake I was very happy to play it again! All within the 11 or so minutes.

All the best - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry View Post
    David - in some countries they leave their leaves over the winter and pick them up in the spring - would that suit you better or are we going to have the same problem then?
    Due to a severe and inexplicable character flaw,
    I do them in both autumn and spring.

Just getting to your piece and very glad I did! Very beautiful - even more so the second time around. Earning this a spot in my itunes library - (better than a Grammy in my opinion as I have very tough entry requirement!)
    I'll take that over the Grammy anytime... lol. Thanks, Del.

When I first went to your site I quickly glanced around and thought the Miracle was 11:15 minutes long. (Mistaking the date for the time in the right column) So, after grimacing about the long piece, (as I still have to work for a living) I started to play it. Then, it all ended too quickly as I was really enjoying it so much. Realizing my mistake I was very happy to play it again! All within the 11 or so minutes.
    I suppose one should never disagree with one's audience
    (especially when they're so kind); but I simply cannot warm
    to this piece, even after some distance. It has a few moments
    of interesting orchestration (the main reason I put it out); but
    overall, it seems to lack both energy and direction, to me.

I virtually never rewrite. But I think this one needs to be
    re-thunk... lol!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi David,

Looks like this work is a real "sleeper" LOL ... but, I have to agree with the masses on this one ... I REALLY enjoyed it! Maybe it's just that great New England air that makes you sleepy while listening to it .

I'm more comfy talking about Thad Jones or Gerry Mulligan re: composition, but your piece washed over me much like my very 1st CD did circa late 70's ... Daphnis et Chloe. The gentle roller coaster ride of color and dynamics, density and intensity ... just beautiful.

Thanks for not relegating it to the scrap heap!

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    Hi David,

Looks like this work is a real "sleeper" LOL ... but, I have to agree with the masses on this one ... I REALLY enjoyed it! Maybe it's just that great New England air that makes you sleepy while listening to it .
    What can I say. You know how particular us
    Yankees are... lol. But thank you, Frank, you're
    always too kind toward my work.

I'm more comfy talking about Thad Jones or Gerry Mulligan re: composition, but your piece washed over me much like my very 1st CD did circa late 70's ... Daphnis et Chloe. The gentle roller coaster ride of color and dynamics, density and intensity ... just beautiful.
    Good company all, thanks, Frank; but in the
    end, whether it's Mulligan or Ravel -- music's
    music, it moves your or it doesn't.

Thanks for not relegating it to the scrap heap!
    What! And waste perfectly good electrons?
    Never! That just wouldn't be frugal...

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hello David. I have to say I know exactly how you feel about autumn. I absolutely love the sights and smells every time autumn comes around, and capturing its feel with music is always a blast to me.

I really enjoy the sort of undirected, swaying feel to this. The dark undertones really complement the upper winds throughout very nicely. This certainly has a dark autumnal feel to it. Thanks for posting!

Michael
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Hi Michael,

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello David. I have to say I know exactly how you feel about autumn. I absolutely love the sights and smells every time autumn comes around, and capturing its feel with music is always a blast to me.
    It's always been my favorite season. Other than
    the raking -- which I still haven't finished. All the
    snow on top of the leaves is making it difficult.

I really enjoy the sort of undirected, swaying feel to this. The dark undertones really complement the upper winds throughout very nicely. This certainly has a dark autumnal feel to it. Thanks for posting!

Michael
    Thanks for listening and the good word, Michael!

All the best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456