• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: TRILIAN - what a nice buggy instrument

Share/Bookmark

TRILIAN - what a nice buggy instrument

Hi,
    i got my Trilian yesterday and it sounds fantastic ... well, thats the good news... the rest of the story is unfortunately rather sad. First, I wonder why Trilian behaves like a pregnant cow ... you click or adjust a button and it often takes seconds (ages), then again flawless... then my Cubase hangs, tells me no response and then it goes on... and YES I do use the lite option. Ok, thats no addition to the WOW-effect, but I could live with it. (my Toontrack S2 or any other plugin doesnt show up such a behaviour at all). At this point you may want to know my system So: AMD X2 4200, 2GB Ram, 2 seperate HHDs, 512NVidia, Win XP SP2, Cubase 4, Fireface, 1-UAD. All the new drivers. To sum up: I care for my music-PC ... no I-Net connecition, I keep it clean etc... My impression is that Trilian is a great sounding, but really unstable program. One of the main issues I dicovered so far is that Trilian does not like my Toontrack Superior Drummer 2. I use 500 MB Ram for a S2 drum kit and give Trilian also 500MB of RAM (which works if I use ONLY Trilian->furthermore I have 2GB ram, so it SHOULD be enough Ram left)... result: Cubase: Visual c++: Runtime Error ... GAME OVER...
    Trilogy has always been my workhorse. Just reliable! Compared to Trilogy Trilian appears to me as a bitch ... a very good looking (sounding) one ... but messed up.
    Would be so great to have a working version of Trilian...
    Greetz
    Dirk

PS. and yes, of course I use the latest Trilian patches (software 113c...)

Re: TRILIAN - what a nice buggy instrument

You only have 2GB of RAM? I'd recommend increasing that if you're using sample-based virtual instruments.

- Glenn

"2GB Ram"??
    Wow. Yes as Glenn suggests (and based on your use of Cubase 4 and XP/SP2), 2 GB is barely enough to even run numerous audio files or Cubase itself. Definitely consider bouncing that up to 4 GB RAM until such time as you can move to a 64 bit operating system. Omnisphere and Trilian are amazingly powerful instruments, but you'll never fully appreciate them until you have a system that can handle them. I can also assure you they are not 'buggy' programs............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I am on a Mac Pro with 32 Gig of RAM and Trilian has no problems. In this day and age, get as much RAM as you can afford. It will make your life so much easier!

Peace

Rik

Muzicus - its time to upgrade - sorry if this is bad news.. Definitely consider 64 bit Cubase and Windows.
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Yes I can imagine that Trilian would run better on a newer System... BUT until now everything - even a 1 GB Toontrack sample drum kit plus a trilogy bass + kontakt samples + dozens of audiotracks would run on my system... plus the additional tons of plugins I use (3 convolution verbs etc etc...)...

... and what for is the limitation on the Trilian system setup page then? I can set it to 0,5 GB. Is this setting (0,5 or 0,75 GB) for people who should actually not own Trilian?

Excuse me, but dont you get my point? I load 500MB (S2) plus 500MB (Trilian) = 1GB and Cubase crashes! But when I load 1,5 GB of S2 or Kontakt samples my Cubase runs fine.

Please Spectrasonics, tell me Trilian will one day be as stable as Trilogy or RMX which I love both.

Sincerely
    Dirk

I think Trilian was designed to function with more RAM than Trilogy needed.......and 2 gigs will not cut it. Why would you spend money on Trilian and other great instruments, but not get more RAM......which is absolutely essential with most newer instruments these days? (and I say that in the most kind way I can ) I was barely able to get by with 4 gigs until I was set free recently with Windows 7-64bit and 8 gigs of RAM. I will bet you a can of Coke that Trilian.....and the rest of your DAW will run better with the extra RAM.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    I think Trilian was designed to function with more RAM than Trilogy needed
    Most definitely.

Why limit yourself when the solution is so obvious?

The operating system hogs about 1.2 meg if I remember, then there is the load from Cubase and other VST's the scraps are left for trilian
    Core i7 920, Win 7 RC 64, Cubase 5 64, Omnisphere, Trilogy, RMX, EWQLSO Plat EW Choirs, GPO, Stradivari, Gofrilla, Absynth 4, Halion 3, Kontakt3, BFD2, VSL Strings, JBridge running all 32 bit apps well.

Go Back to forum