• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectra..Time for some answers PLEASE

Share/Bookmark

Spectra..Time for some answers PLEASE

Hi..I downloaded the latest version of Omni...An aside here,someone posted the earlier version (same version) was different than another posted a little later..Don't know..

That said however...When I load a patch that says it is 74mb,when I have the lite thing on it says it is around 101mb loaded...I'm confused...I only have and wish to have Omni..Not intersted in Trillian at all...Well thruth be told I'm wishing I could have it..BUT,,not the case..So= no-need....

So then down to it..What is the advantage for me to download the latest version of Omni,on a macbook pro..Are the new features designed for those who own Tril...Can I go back to the previos version if all I want is OMni.. ?? From waht I read it seemed it would be a nice thing to upgrade to..But so-far the LITE thing doesn't seem to be of any help in regards to what it seems to state,for Omni users at least..

I hope someone from Spectra..will be honest and wiiling to be forthcoming as to the actual benefit of this latest download...Also refernecing the Tril manual to try and understand what it is is somewhat absurd...I own Omni not tril....Please someone clarify what is going on here...Thanx in advance,also sorry for the poor english...JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

Re: Spectra..Time for some answers PLEASE

When you log into your account at spectrasonics.net and check the updates page, you'll find an entire history of every update to spectrasonics products. The history contains release notes to describe the new features in each version. So, if you believe the time has come for you to learn what is new in the 1.1 update, that's the place to go to get that information.

Also, I would recommend upgrading Omnisphere 1.1, even if you don't have Trilian.

- Glenn

HI Thanks Glen,you have been of no help what so ever...I think however I am beginning to understand what is going on a bit better thru trial and error..Obviously...The most important part of developemant as well as thought is to meditate for quite a while on the very simple fact..You know what you are talking about..All the stuff is already in your head..However others have no idea about the blank spots that you are leaving out due to your intimate time spent with your thoughts and developemant..Actually are.

Here's an example..Joe Campbel..PBS seies with just him (think it was Power of the Myth )...Confusing..Done again with B Moyers to pull him back into the reality that no one else was as close to,or undrstood in the way he did...Better for many more to understand....

That said Spectrasonics does GREAT tut/s....Not as often as I would like..But I will most likely be built that way forever...I think as I said I'm finding things out on my own...But thanx anyway....Oh well...JON

PS..Thanx Glen for the effort..Honestly..You have been of invaluable help in the past..So don't read my post in a negative way..All the best..J
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

I understand what you mean. Sometimes you have to let the information soak in. If you have specific questions though, be sure to post them here and I'm sure someone will be glad to help.

- Glenn

I found that the lite version/patch thinning in the new Omni update is a fantastic feature.
    Eric just linked me to the page in the Trillian manual and it explains exactly what this function does since the functionality is identical on Trillian and Omni.

Hi..Thanx Glen for not taking me the wrong way,just a bit confused..

Hey Slinky,Yeah I read that yesterday..Not a very laymens description in regards to OMni specifically..It is the Tril manual..

I guess my question seems to be more along the lines of To Strem or Not To Stream..When streaming is off the files are larger than specified..With it on then the thinning thing happens....So that is a bit confusing for someone like me..Any thoughts are more han welcome..Again thank you both for your input..JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

I always want to have the latest versions of all software... doesn't matter what the changes are.

Omnisphere Software 1.1.3c

The new features in 1.1.3c are:

• Trilian Library Integration - Support for loading Trilian factory soundsources, patches and multis in Omnisphere. (see Support Knowledgebase for authorization instructions)
    • 64-bit native support on Windows.
    • Support for new STEAM engine features introduced in Trilian, including: Round Robin soundsources, Release layers, Multichannel soundsources, Legato articulation triggering.
    • Memory Management features: Lite Version feature, sample thinning, training/purging for maximizing efficiency and faster loading/auditioning.

• Various interface improvements - Soundsource Zoom page mixing, Edit page soundsource images, memory meter, etc. • Support for maximum number of RTAS processors in Pro Tools.

Do Omni updates need to be installed in order or does the latest update also take care of updates that might have been missed?

Just installing the latest will get you up to date.

- Glenn

Excellent!

Thanks Glenn.

Go Back to forum