• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere update...any new patches?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere update...any new patches?

I see the soundsource pool (i.e the sample sets) remains the same and if there were any new patches programmed in the last 10 months & included in V1.05 I have not found them.

So, if that's the case..... this update does absolutely nothing for my needs!

VERY VERY VERY dissapointed.

Of course I hope I'm wrong with the patches observation!!

Apparently Trillian mattered the most by far.

Re: Omnisphere update...any new patches?

Ha! I pray you are joking.

If not, no there are no new patches and I feel indescribably sorry for you.

I've got a boat load of new patches in my update...

Oh wait.. sry..
    Rolled those myself in the months since I got Omni.
    Mac PPC 2ghz dual, 1.67 ghz PPC 17" lappy, Samson 65a, Logic 8.01 (dont use), Live 8.05 suite (dont fix what aint broke), Skull collection & Howling dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emusampler View Post
    I see the soundsource pool (i.e the sample sets) remains the same and if there were any new patches programmed in the last 10 months & included in V1.05 I have not found them.

So, if that's the case..... this update does absolutely nothing for my needs!

VERY VERY VERY dissapointed.
    Why?

I'm curious....what exactly are your expectations?

We started Omnisphere with 800 patches one year ago, we've have added over 3200 since then. We just added 64-bit support for the software and now you can expand Omnisphere with all the thousands of sounds in Trilian's library too.

Seems like pretty great support...no? :-)

What other companies are doing more than what we are?

Apparently Trillian mattered the most by far.
    Well of course! It's our new instrument after all and took a great deal of our time.

However, we have released software updates this year for our entire product line.

I agree Arafel. Although, Omnisphere has a few thousand patches, I still enjoy tweaking existing patches or venturing out an creating new ones. There's plenty to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by arafel View Post

I've got a boat load of new patches in my update...

Oh wait.. sry..
    Rolled those myself in the months since I got Omni.
    Explore my friends explore!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    We started Omnisphere with 800 patches one year ago, we've have added over 3200 since then.
    oh no.....I only listened to 3742......now I have to go through them all again in case the other 258 are any good- doh!

Too many sounds, too little time....

NIgel

Hopefully Emusampler was indeed joking. Even so, very hard for most of us to say anything negative about Spectrasonics, even in jest. Their output, support, updates, new features, and top quality instruments speak for themselves and, like the old James Bond theme tune says, "Nobody Does It Better". This is a company that sets new standards in the world of music software and also with customer service, care and consideration. But, of course, most of us already acknowledge all that, so "say no more". Now, back to music............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

WOW! How many patches does somebody need to be happy...I,m considering ordering the sage expander libraries but think I might be all patched out before I die! ( I,ve got Reason and all the sounds that comes with too!...it just goes on ).

If you want new patches fiddle and re-program the existing patches, it will take you through to the next decade and beyond!

We should thank Eric for having the patience to reply on this forum as I suspect he must be a busy man...well done!

Cheers!...croaky

Well, I did not post here to be publically trashed and made fun of.

For the record:

I do not have a 64 bit machine or operating system.
    I do not have ram/CPU overload difficulties.
    I do not have program incompatibilies or system crashes.
    I do not have Windows 7.
    I do not have Trillian or need to run it inside Omnisphere.

So again, the above being stated, what did the update provide that is usefull?

Patchwise, it's not the sheer numerical quanity in itself that counts ...it's the quality, variety & expertise that went into them that is meaningfull to me. Everyone has there own needs,tastes and opinions.

For example, for the type of music that I do..do I really need & have use for 540 arp and rhythmn patches and the honest answer is no.

Of course Eric and Spectrasonics are experts at what they do and I was not inferring or suggesting otherwise. You all lept to that conclusion on your own.

I have a right to express my opinion about its release and to ask about what the current status of present and future patch develpoment stood.

Well, sorry if you feel made fun of. Please don't be insulted. We all rate Spectrasonics very highly and mostly the replies are meant in good humour. it's not really fair to criticise Spectrasonics for releasing Trillian when Omnisphere has also received great support since its release.

It's just that noone understands why you would need more presets. Perhaps Omnisphere is not the instrument for your needs? If you would explain what you're actually looking for and what you want from Omnisphere, there might be some helpful and constructive replies.

kind regards

Nigel

PS:
    If you look here you can see what the update is for:
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/updates/whatsnew.php

Go Back to forum