• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tilian install question...

Share/Bookmark

Tilian install question...

It says in the Trilian install manual that "if you already have a STEAM based product (I do, Omni...) you need to install to the folder just above the STEAM folder". As that drive is almost full I was planning on installing the Trilian library to a completely separate drive than where Omni is located. Is this kosher??

Re: Tilian install question...

Not according to the install instructions, but I'm sure someone from Spectrasonics can clarify that. In any case, why not consider moving the current Steam folder to the new drive, then use an Alias (Mac) or shortcut (PC) to the new location, then install Trilian to the same Spectrasonics Instruments directory/folder on the new drive? There are instructions at the Spectrasonics site re how to do that sort of thing. Just a thought. Pehaps Spectrasonics can provide further guidance or suggestions.........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

That sounds indeed like the way to go. Thanks!

Actually this opens up an interesting point.

As STEAM and SAGE are the (current) two directory structures used by Spectrasonics instruments and as they add more content to them and probably new unimagined instruments at some point you are likely to run out of disk space.

Therefore it might be useful to be able to point any particular STEAM (Omnisphere/Trilian) or SAGE (RMX, RMX2 ;-) ) at their own content directory rather than have a single directory structure. This of course is going to make support a bit trickier as people will no doubt end up putting stuff all over the place, but I still think it might be useful.

Just my €0.02

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by yorolpal View Post
    As that drive is almost full I was planning on installing the Trilian library to a completely separate drive than where Omni is located. Is this kosher??
    Same problem here... My Trilian DVD box set just arrived... No luck installing it though...
    I own alreay Omnisphere, so I located the original STEAM folder on my computer, copied and pasted it into a new external HD location, then created an alias of this newly created folder, with which I replaced the old STEAM folder.
    When I select for Trilian installation the patch containing the new STEAM folder location - I receive the following error message - "The Installation failed: run preflight script for Trilian Disc 1 Core Library. Contact the Software manufacturer for assistance."
    Any suggestions how to solve this?
    I would appreciate very much your quick assistance. Thanks in advance !!!

Martin

P.S. I use Mac OS X 10.6.1, Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.6 GHz - 4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM.

Quote Originally Posted by bosmarth View Post
    Same problem here... My Trilian DVD box set just arrived... No luck installing it though...
    I own alreay Omnisphere, so I located the original STEAM folder on my computer, copied and pasted it into a new external HD location, then created an alias of this newly created folder, with which I replaced the old STEAM folder.
    When I select for Trilian installation the patch containing the new STEAM folder location - I receive the following error message - "The Installation failed: run preflight script for Trilian Disc 1 Core Library. Contact the Software manufacturer for assistance."
    Any suggestions how to solve this?
    I would appreciate very much your quick assistance. Thanks in advance !!!

Martin

P.S. I use Mac OS X 10.6.1, Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.6 GHz - 4GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM.
    Same problem here - did a manual install - it works now.

Playz123 is correct. If your STEAM folder is currently on a drive that doesn't have enough space for Trilian, move it by following the instructions in the users guide. Verify that it moved ok by using Omnisphere. Then install Trilian. If you run into problems during the Trilian install, see the installation FAQs at support.spectrasonics.net, especially if you're using OSX 10.6.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum