• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Dan Dean Solo Brass Demos

Share/Bookmark

New Dan Dean Solo Brass Demos

Greetings,

Here are 2 new .mp3\'s:
    The first one is an excerpt from Holst: The Planets - Mars by DD. I used the Dan Dean Solo Brass, Solo Woodwinds and Solo Strings laid over the top of some string ensembles. The excellent snare drum, bass drum and tympani are Donnie\'s.
    http://www.dandeanpro.com/mp3/Holst_Mars.mp3

The second is called Bankelsangerlieder and was done by Bruce Richardson.
    http://www.dandeanpro.com/mp3/bankelsangerlieder.mp3

More on the way,
    Dan Dean

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 09-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by dandean (edited 09-12-2001).]

Re: New Dan Dean Solo Brass Demos

Hey Dan, the second link appears to be broken (the one to Bruce\'s piece).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Hey Dan, the second link appears to be broken (the one to Bruce\'s piece).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is repaired.

Sorry. There was something about a lowercase B in Bankel...

Thanks,
    Dan

Thanks Mr.Dean - worked fine.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I just want to point out that on the excerpt from Bankelsangerlieder, I used nothing except the NV sustain patches. It\'s typical brass quintet instrumentation: 2 trumpets, horn, trombone, and tuba.

All of the staccato and portamento articulations in all the instruments were performed straight from the keyboard.

Thomas, just for you, no quantizing. All played in with an 88-key weighted controller in realtime, real tempo. I did clean up some clams and move the occasional note into better focus. Also, I used SONAR\'s \"length\" editing command to shorten some groups of staccato notes, but again, no staccato samples were used.

All in all, I spent about 45 minutes on it from tip to tail. One can get very fast results with this library. I hope that this little excerpt demonstrates the fact that one can get very detailed melodic flow. It\'s probably the single most defining aspect of Dan\'s wind libraries in general...you don\'t have to switch articulations constantly to realize complex lines. Matter of fact, I have tried unsuccessfully to program Bankelsangerlieder with other libraries, and it reduced them to a blossoming, mushy disaster. Simply put, it was not possible.

Go Back to forum