• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best guitar lead

Share/Bookmark

Best guitar lead

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some wonderful guitars lead samplers. Can I have some help ?

Thank you,

------------------
    Mathieu Laprise
    Sonomax inc.

Re: Best guitar lead

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
    Hello everyone,

I am looking for some wonderful guitars lead samplers. Can I have some help ?

Thank you,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi SyQuEsT,

Nick Phoenix has \"Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass\" and is working on an exciting new library: QL \'56 Strat. I think he can be reached via the following e-mail address: bunschel@aol.com.

Also, Sonic Implants have an interesting CD-ROM for Gigasampler: \"Amps and Pickups
    -Complete Guitar & Bass Collection\". For more information, please see: http://www.sonicimplants.com/sonicgiga/gigasamplerguitarbass.htm

Best regards
    Nicholas
    p.s. I sometimes use my Yamaha VL1-m for lead guitar. This is a physical modeling synth, and is very good for saxophones, woodwind and guitars, and not too bad at brass emulations as well.

>p.s. I sometimes use my Yamaha VL1-m for lead guitar. This is a physical modeling synth, and is very good for saxophones, woodwind and guitars, and not too bad at brass emulations as well.<

Hi Nicholas!

I wonder how you do \'bendings\' with this unit. How good and precise is a foot pedal at doing this? Or do you use a breath controller?

regards

------------------
    O.H.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OH:
    >p.s. I sometimes use my Yamaha VL1-m for lead guitar. This is a physical modeling synth, and is very good for saxophones, woodwind and guitars, and not too bad at brass emulations as well.<

Hi Nicholas!

I wonder how you do \'bendings\' with this unit. How good and precise is a foot pedal at doing this? Or do you use a breath controller?

regards

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi OH,

If I correctly understand what you mean by \'bendings\', I just use a pitch bend wheel (although a ribbon controller might be nicer, but I haven\'t got one).

Best regards
    Nicholas

If you should be looking for nice warm solo jazz guitar samples, \"Vintage Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" from Bardstown Audio. These guitar samples are also great clean basic guitars for processing with various amplifier and guitar distortion plugins, such as Amp Farm, Sans Amp, Amp Sim, and Revalver.

I will be putting up a new demo in a few days with one of these electric jazz guitars processed with \"Amp Farm\" on a Brian Setzer \"Zoot Suit\" swing type of demo.

In the meantime, you can check out some of our other new guitar demos on our web site featuring sampled jazz guitars, which we put up yesterday. Go to the MP3 page at www.bardstownaudio.com

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

>If I correctly understand what you mean by \'bendings\', I just use a pitch bend wheel (although a ribbon controller might be nicer, but I haven\'t got one).<

Thanks Nicholas!

Yes, I meant pitch bend (bending the string upwards or downwards on a guitar). The reason I asked about the pedal is the following: I had the chance to buy a VL1m recently, but I am currently without midi-controller. I get a new Ztar-midi-controller build from Starrlabs, one with strings. But while hitting the strings with the right hand and pressing the fretboard keys with the left I have no hand free to immediately use a wheel, joystick or whatever (in real-time). The only thing free to do it would be a pedal played with my foot or a breath controller. In case you\'ve got a pedal at home: Would you mind trying it for me, so that I know if it is a good solution (I want to immitate guitar bending as exact as possible. How good is a pedal at this?).

Regarding your first sample-judging-threat, I found your results to be very interesting. Just wanted to let you know that. I would have wanted to listen to the other files as well, but currently my head is rotating already, searching for the seconds I don\'t have. Please excuse...

regards

------------------
    O.H.

>Also, Sonic Implants have an interesting CD-ROM for Gigasampler: \"Amps and Pickups
    -Complete Guitar & Bass Collection\".<

They do have a Fender Strat sampled NEW as they let me know a few days ago (Two: $20 each)

regards

------------------
    O.H.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OH:
    >If I correctly understand what you mean by \'bendings\', I just use a pitch bend wheel (although a ribbon controller might be nicer, but I haven\'t got one).<

Thanks Nicholas!

Yes, I meant pitch bend (bending the string upwards or downwards on a guitar). The reason I asked about the pedal is the following: I had the chance to buy a VL1m recently, but I am currently without midi-controller. I get a new Ztar-midi-controller build from Starrlabs, one with strings. But while hitting the strings with the right hand and pressing the fretboard keys with the left I have no hand free to immediately use a wheel, joystick or whatever (in real-time). The only thing free to do it would be a pedal played with my foot or a breath controller. In case you\'ve got a pedal at home: Would you mind trying it for me, so that I know if it is a good solution (I want to immitate guitar bending as exact as possible. How good is a pedal at this?).

Regarding your first sample-judging-threat, I found your results to be very interesting. Just wanted to let you know that. I would have wanted to listen to the other files as well, but currently my head is rotating already, searching for the seconds I don\'t have. Please excuse...

regards

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi OH,

I myself would probably use a breath controller (e.g. Yamaha BC3) plugged directly into the VL1-m for pitch bend control (rather than use a foot pedal). I believe that the strings on the Ztar are only for triggering purposes and can\'t be used for pitch bending. However, doesn\'t the Ztar have some pressure sensitive pads (near the strings) that can be used to generate midi data for achieving pitch bends?

Remember that the VL1-m is only two note polyphonic, so it isn\'t really suitable for guitar style chordal work. However, for lead lines, it can be very good.

Best regards
    Nicholas

Thanks Nicholas!

>I believe that the strings on the Ztar are only for triggering purposes and can\'t be used for pitch bending.<

Yes, exactly that is the difficulty and those \"pressure sensitive pads (near the strings) that can be used to generate midi data for achieving pitch bends\" can\'t be pressed the SAME second as you hit a string (which very often is necessary for guitar style playing). If I am lucky I get a newly made whammy bar installed, which might help. I just thought a foot pedal is easy to use synchron with hitting the strings...

Thanks again

------------------
    O.H.

Go Back to forum