• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bardstown Audio Vintage Guitars & Tenor Banjos and Classic Accordions GIGA libraries

Share/Bookmark

Bardstown Audio Vintage Guitars & Tenor Banjos and Classic Accordions GIGA libraries

Hi guys i got these from Kip at BA, they are real nice here\'s my rant on the two libraries

Recently, I received Bardstown Audio\'s \"Vintage Guitars & Tenor Banjos\" and \"Classic Accordions\" GIGA libraries. These two libraries are stellar.

First, I tried the Acoustic Archtop Guitar. This guitar sounds great and was expertly sampled. It has a very vintage live feel to it and the release triggers really add to the realism. The Electric Archtop has a very warm, rich, and Jazzy sound. This guitar is also exquisitely well sampled.

The banjo is simply the best sampled banjo I\'ve ever heard. It\'s lively and really well sampled, like every instrument in this library, an awesome job recreating very beautiful vintage instruments that really cut through a mix. If you need these instruments, or are into Jazz, Dixie, or blues, you owe it to yourself to check out this library. Trust me, you won\'t be disappointed.

Next, I tried the Classic Accordions library. This one comes in 2 CD\'s and contains 5 accordions in different variations. They are all awesome and are once again really well sampled, you can feel the \"swoosh\" of air in between notes (well maybe in my imagination) but these sound really good. They sound rich and full. They are the best sampled accordions out there, period.

If you need accordions, this is the library to get, no bells no whistles, just the pure instruments captured in all their glory.

Franky
    Vintaudio.

Re: Bardstown Audio Vintage Guitars & Tenor Banjos and Classic Accordions GIGA libraries

Hi Franky,

I don\'t want to get into the whole \"use an accordian sample, go to virtual jail\" question.

But I\'m curious about the archtop electric.

I create contemporary jazz, smooth jazz, fusion, funk and lots of other styles, but so far, none of the electric guitars have that \"George Benson/Wes Montgomery/Charlie Hunter\" electric jazz guitar sound.

Is this set in that modern genre, or closer to the Charlie Christian/Django Reinhart era?

Dasher

Re: Bardstown Audio Vintage Guitars & Tenor Banjos and Classic Accordions GIGA libraries

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    Hi Franky,

I don\'t want to get into the whole \"use an accordian sample, go to virtual jail\" question.

But I\'m curious about the archtop electric.

I create contemporary jazz, smooth jazz, fusion, funk and lots of other styles, but so far, none of the electric guitars have that \"George Benson/Wes Montgomery/Charlie Hunter\" electric jazz guitar sound.

Is this set in that modern genre, or closer to the Charlie Christian/Django Reinhart era?

Dasher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Dasher,

The sampled electric archtop guitar very much emulates the \"George Benson/Wes Montgomery/Charlie Hunter\" electric jazz guitar sound.

One thing you need to bear in mind is that these fine musicians, who you are referring to, achieved their signature sound by playing in octaves picked with their thumb. There are both sampled pick and thumb electric archtop guitar samples in the \"Vintage Guitar and Tenor Banjo\" collection.

Obviously, the easiest way to capture this unique octave style is to record a midi sequence of your guitar solo and then either raise or lower the octave on that sequence for the unison part, which is played either an octave higher or lower. You can also add a couple of ticks to the higher octave sequence, in order to simulate a quick strum between the two notes.

At the moment, I am putting in a lot of hours in order to finish up the Bosendorfer Imperial, which I will be releasing in the next week. Once I have the Bosendorfer Imperial completed along with some demos, I will knock out a demo of the electric archtop guitar using the thumb samples playing those octave solos, such as \"George Benson/Wes Montgomery/Charlie Hunter\" electric jazz guitar sound.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

[This message has been edited by Bardstown Audio (edited 12-11-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thesoundsmith:
    Hi Franky,

Dasher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adding to my previous posting as stated above, the acoustic archtop guitar is well suited for the Django Reinhardt style, along with many other styles as well.....older and newer jazz, western swing, hot jazz club, older country & western, plus much more.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Go Back to forum