• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is your personal fave. place to get sample libraries?

Share/Bookmark

Where is your personal fave. place to get sample libraries?

Just thought it would be nice to get a list of favorite places to get sample libraries...
    www.soundsonline.com
    and www.ebay.com
    are my hangouts...

what about everyone else?
    bueller? bueller?
    :-)
    -zq

Re: Where is your personal fave. place to get sample libraries?

www.jacksmusicstore.com BEST PRICES
    www.ilio.com has great libraries but no discounts like soundsonline not to mention some stuff is just damned expensive. However most of it is also DAMNED GOOD!
    www.bigfishaudio.com

I think thats it

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

www.soundchaser.com has Rare Instruments for a nice price, and VotA for $40 less than SoundsOnline.

By the way, how long has SoundsOnline had the \"frequent buyer\" points system? It\'s been a while since I\'ve bought from them, but if it\'s been around for a while, I better call and check up on how much I\'ve got. :P

[This message has been edited by Lance_M (edited 12-20-2001).]

I don\'t want to sound informant-like but how do you purchase sounds from e-bay? I thought e-bay handled used goods. Unlike some software, you can\'t even re-license sound libraries within the same company.

clueless

Ebay doesn\'t handle just used goods, Personally I only search for *NEW* merchandise. (I\'ve been burnt on used hardware before and it\'s just a pain in the A** to deal with) There are some online stores that try to push their products through ebay.
    That\'s not to say that there is a whole lot out there - since my searchs are very specific, I usually don\'t come up with anything useful...rarely do I find anything that is native GIGA format...and even then it\'s not something I would really need/want...but I can always dream!
    :-)
    Hope that clarifies.
    -zq

[This message has been edited by zquarles (edited 12-21-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    It\'s certainly best to avoid purchasing used sample libraries on Ebay. You won\'t end up actually being licensed to use the sounds, because most licenses are non-transferrable.

Also, a number of sample library companies monitor Ebay to catch people illegally selling used libraries.

Lee Blaske
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ----------
    Good point - but if anyone is interested, I have a number of great unused sample cds for sale. I haven\'t gotten around to using Giga at home as soon as I thought I would so they\'re just sitting in a box

Email for a list of titles and prices at:
    adamello@eudoramail.com (or yahoo if that doesn\'t work)

I\'ve purchased several libraries through eBay-you just have to read carefully. Those that state \'like new\', aren\'t. But others claim to be \'new, unopened\' and are from various vendors (including Michiel Post\'s American connection, SoundEngine. I just bought the Post Prepared Piano for $39, and Michiel verified the legitimacy ofthe CD.)

There are people selling used samples, and some of them are not as forthcoming as others. So buyer beware, but ALWAYS email the vendor, to find out the truth. And if the vendor lies, and the disks aren\'t legit, ding him on eBay (neg review, eBay won\'t get involved in licensing issues) and notify the sample producer.

But mostly, just pay attention to the tone of the replies, and don\'t bid till you\'re satisfied.

I really do wish there were a way to resell sample libraries when we no longer are using them, but there isn\'t. So be it. Shop carefully and listen to the demos, or ask on the lists BEFORE you buy. It\'s not that hard...

And mello, if those CDs are open, they\'re not resalable. Depending on the vendor, you may not even be legal if you sell unopened packages. If you want to do it right, contact the vendor of you unopened CD and get permission, then put a list up of those disks the authors/vendors have blessed. Someone here will be interested. Probably me. But only legal, authorized titles, please.

Dasher

[This message has been edited by thesoundsmith (edited 01-03-2002).]

Go Back to forum