• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Looking Giga Solo-Saxophone

Share/Bookmark

Looking Giga Solo-Saxophone

Dear Giga Developer and User,
    I\'m looking for the completed Solo-Saxophone Giga libararies, such as Alto-Sax, Tenor-Sax, Soprano-Sax and Baritone-Sax.
    If I rememeber correctly that someone had discussed about it before, could someone please helps to let us know \"What\'s status on this libary?\".
    I have waited for years on it! I really need it for POP and JAZZ!
    Any ideas? Anyone?
    Thanks in advances,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 01-08-2002).]

Re: Looking Giga Solo-Saxophone

Good luck,guy. Let me know if YOU find one...

Dasher

I\'m really curious that why?
    There are ton of guitar, string and piano samples? Too hard for sax\'s sampling?

Quantum Leap Brass

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

Thanks Bardstown Audio,
    Quantum Leap Brass doesn\'t have exactly Solo-Sax-Lib instruments that we are looking for!
    How is your Piano-lib? When it will be available? I might be interested! Any idea about the pricing yet? Needed piano-track demo?
    Regards,
    Long

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LHong:
    Thanks Bardstown Audio,
    Quantum Leap Brass doesn\'t have exactly Solo-Sax-Lib instruments that we are looking for!
    How is your Piano-lib? When it will be available? I might be interested! Any idea about the pricing yet? Needed piano-track demo?
    Regards,
    Long
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LHong,

Thank you for your interest in the Bosendorfer Imperial. I am at this moment working on several classical and jazz demos, which will be posted by this weekend on my web site.

This piano will most likely be available for sale next week, on both DVD and CD\'s.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio www.bardstownaudio.com

I think saxophone is one of those really hard instruments to sample well, just because there\'s such an incredibly wide variety of timbres you can get out of it. It\'s been done in a very limited sense, but I don\'t think sax players should worry about losing any sessions yet. I\'m sure some developer will prove me wrong, but I don\'t think it\'ll be any time soon. Best of luck.

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LHong:
    Dear Giga Developer and User,
    I\'m looking for the completed Solo-Saxphone Giga libararies like Alto-Sax, Tenor-Sax and Baritone-Sax.
    If I rememeber correctly that someone had discussed about it before, could someone please helps to let us know \"What\'s status on this libary?\".
    I have waited for year on it! I really need it for POP and JAZZ!
    Any ideas? Anyone?
    Thanks in advances,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 01-01-2002).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most people agree that the two most difficult \"traditional\" instruments to sample are Guitar and Brass (including saxes in this category). Saxes especially have alot of expression in the breathing not only the attacks. Noone has taken the time and effort to sample everything that would be needed to make a very expressive Sax library.

QLB is the best we\'ve got. Multiple dynamics and different attacks and articulations. The other available libraries dont have enough variety in the multisamples.

Can it be done? I believe so, but it will take a developer who doesn\'t think in the sense of sample gloat, but more in the realm of sound design and programming.

Nick could do an excellent job of it I\'m sure, but he has alot of projects and stuff that would eat up the time I believe that is needed to do a project like make the \"ULTIMATE\" sax library.

BTW the available guitar libraries dont come close to truely emulating a guitar...mind you this is without using/hearing QLB Strat. I have a feeling alot of stuff is covered in that library.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

May be you should see Yamaha\'s VL products (Virtual Acoustic Instrument Technology). It\'s not based on so-called traditional PCM-Sampling technology.

I think Yamaha\'s Virtual Acoustic Instrument Technology and Roland\'s COSM (Composit Object Sound Modeling) Technology are the one of futures of Digital Music, these are still developing though.

Sorry my stupid English.

[This message has been edited by Ken-P (edited 01-02-2002).]

Thanks King and Scott for the informative Sax-sample discussion. You are right, I must agree with you that NICK can handles better sax samples and we seem to need many NICK in this sample world!
    Of course, there always be good improvement like we are seeing NICK-56Strat-Guitar, Scarbee-fingered-bass, Bardstown-Bosendorfer-Piano, Garritan-Orchestra-Strings and many others. So, we wish that someone please works on the improved sax-samples. Why not? Hope that we don\'t ask too much? It is meant that we need help from you developer.
    Anyone?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast