• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tack Piano

Share/Bookmark

Tack Piano

Howdy all,
    Ok...I need a tack piano...old upright honky-tonk sound....when is someone going to dedicate an entire cd to that!!! the only cd ive heard with that sound is on total piano and from the demo it didn\'t sound all that great...could someone correct me here...does anyone know of any GREAT sounding old tack piano samples???

thanks
    JPS

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Tack Piano

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by J.P. Schwinghamer:
    Howdy all,
    Ok...I need a tack piano...old upright honky-tonk sound....when is someone going to dedicate an entire cd to that!!! the only cd ive heard with that sound is on total piano and from the demo it didn\'t sound all that great...could someone correct me here...does anyone know of any GREAT sounding old tack piano samples???

thanks
    JPS
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only one I\'ve heard is the Total Piano tack piano, and it isn\'t bad...certainly not a \"giga\" piano, but then again, tack piano is most often played hard and is somewhat buried in the rhythm section. Total piano is not a bad investment. It won\'t replace more detailed pianos, but you do get the tack piano, a really detuned \"ugly\" piano, and all sorts of perversions of prepared piano with screws, rubber inserts, grinder wheels, and many other things most people would not let you do to their instrument in the studio. I don\'t know of a more complete collection of piano weirdness. Whether you\'d use it all is another thing altogether. I think Total Piano is probably a good match for people doing soundtrack work, atmospheric electro/acoustic originals, etc.

I\'ve been exploring the possibility of sampling a very \"well known\" tack piano that has been used on a lot of classic rock recordings, but the problem (as you might imagine) is that the market is small and the production expense is not. So far, the numbers just don\'t stack up. However, if we do decide to sample this piano, I\'ll definitely let everyone know it.

Best regards,
    Bruce

I hate to bump in pushing my own products...but:
    try the PostFortepiano demo http://www.postaudiomedia.com/PostFortepiano1.MP3
    and more demo\'s at www.postaudiomedia.com/demo.html

to see if it fits your needs.
    the fortepiano (hammerklavier) sounds exactly like a honky-tonk.
    The disk is available from biggagiggas and several distributors.

[This message has been edited by Michiel Post (edited 01-11-2002).]

Hi J.P., Upright and Honkey Tonk piano library from Vintaudio coming soon ( about 2 to 3 months).

Franky
    Vintaudio www.vintaudio.com

Btw, Bruce if you are reading this, i\'ve left numerous emails at Prorec to all the editors and have had no response for a while now, so i would appreciate if you contacted me or gave me an email adress where i can reach you.

Kind regards
    Franky
    Vintaudio productions www.vintaudio.com

Thanks everyone for the information..much appreciated....Franky, keep us posted on your CD\'s development...if you need any input on things we (users) need...to hesitate to ask!!! GOOD LUCK!

JPS

Go Back to forum