• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Giga Studio 3 registration not possible anymore?

Share/Bookmark

Giga Studio 3 registration not possible anymore?

I'm trying to get a new registration code for my GS3, because I have a new PC and GS3 needs to receive a new code everytime it is installed to a new computer. But I don't receive the e-mail. I've even tried with a couple of different e-mail addresses, but I get nothing.

I was wondering that after TASCAM stopped manufacturing Giga Studios, do they even have an automatic or whatever system for registration codes or am I unable to use my friggin' Giga Studio anymore??? I have a number of projects on the table right now so I'm really pissed if a software I've bought a couple of years ago just stops working.

Does anyone have info about this? Any TASCAM personnel here?

Re: Giga Studio 3 registration not possible anymore?

You should call. My understanding is that there's a guy there who plans to keep the registration server alive, but it might not be online. A phone call should get you the needed codes.

I agree with Jon. Give a call and see what happens.

Please report back with the results ... especially if you can't get it registered.

Thank you,

S

Just wanted to confirm what's already been said: last month I spoke on the phone with a Tascam representative who told me that 1) they would not be providing technical support or selling new copies of GigaStudio products after the end of 2008 but that 2) that their the infrastructure would there for users to continue to handle registrations on new computers.

They weren't specific about the details, just that you would continue to be able to register etc.

Michael, were you able to register over the phone? I bought GSO3 last week from a local shop. I installed it and filled out the registration 3 days ago... and still haven't received my registration key.

Just thought I'd jump in here and report my experience:

I had to reinstall Windows and had trouble reinstalling Gigastudio. I thought I had backed up the license but it hadn't backed up properly. I ended up calling Tascam and although I was on hold for almost 30 minutes, once I got hooked up with the registration guy he was very helpful. We actually did most of it by email because he had to send me some files to reset the registration "engine". But it went smoothly and I'm all set once again (and this time I backed up the drive just after reinstalling Windows and Gigastudio so I shouldn't have to go through this again).

I know of three GSO 3 users who were unable to receive email registration codes, but all three were able to obtain them by phone. Two of these folks live in the UK and had to wait 30 minutes on hold with expensive long distance rates. Not cool Tascam.

Joe Hardy

So they should get a Yankee friend to call 323 727 7617 and pass their info along...there's still somebody there and I'm a big fan! Cheers right! jc

Recording Legato transitions GigaStudio 3.x. ... In order for it to work correctly in Gigastudio Im hoping to be advised of a few things that are not clearly stated in the .... on the highest fret it isnt possible to hammer on any more, .

Hey thanks for the replies guys. Yes, you can still register. I got mine by email. Just emailed my registration txt to TEAC's customer service. They sent me the key in 2 days. Nice!

Go Back to forum