• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Yet another E.T. mockup

Share/Bookmark

Yet another E.T. mockup

My E.T. done with GOS strings is up now. I must admit that this kind of fast and aggressive legato writing is not GOS\' strength. GOS with either Kirk Hunter or Prosonus staccatos layered on top would probably add the aggressiveness to it. I missed some of the harp and woodwinds, but didn\'t want to use more time on it after I finished the strings now. You can find it here:
    http://www.melomaniac.dk/MP3/ET-GOS.mp3

Re: Yet another E.T. mockup

sounds really good!!!
    thanx to share with us.

Cool Simon!! I didn\'t hear that I think (except the Barber demo, but that\'s not PPP at all Where can I listen to the stuff?

Thomas

Hmm then I guess I havent done what you call ppp. Just turn down the volume, you\'ll think it\'s ppp OK?...

Simon, why are your brass samples sharp? What lib are you using? Is there a way to fix the intonation? I am new to sampling... Thanks
    Notemover

How do you mean sharp. In \'a sharp F\' way or just mean sharp sounding? Anyway the brass are from Advanced Orchestra and Maartin\'s free trumpets.

Thanks for making this mockup, Simon! The strings sound good but like you said, the kind of aggressive string parts like this doesn\'t seem to be GoS\' strong side. It still sounds good, though and I believe it proves the fact that you can\'t live without ANY library if you want total freedom of midi-orchestration. The strings in the intro sounds much better with GoS than with KH.

On a footnote you are getting a couple of notes wrong The bass sustains on a C.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for doing this comparison. Now that Damon, KingIdiot and you all have made GoS E.T demos, I think we can safely say that a blend between Kirk Hunter and GoS would be a perfect solution.
    Still eager to hear some of the softer GoS samples. I really miss a really soft strings patch. (pp/ppp dynamics)

Thanks,
    Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:

On a footnote you are getting a couple of notes wrong The bass sustains on a C.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for doing this comparison. Now that Damon, KingIdiot and you all have made GoS E.T demos, I think we can safely say that a blend between Kirk Hunter and GoS would be a perfect solution.
    Still eager to hear some of the softer GoS samples. I really miss a really soft strings patch. (pp/ppp dynamics)

Thanks,
    Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Notes wrong. Ahhh f*ck yes... It\'s pretty obvious to me now I heard the original. On the 2nd \'melody line\'... Gotta fix that!

Soft strings.. hmm I already did something with soft strings?!

I fixed the basses now. Not the tuba though... Slighly better mix too.

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 01-19-2002).]

Thomas, Id like to share that I jsut came back from NAMM and handed Gary some aggressive short bows for the lower stings. I think I\'m going to do some for violin and possibly make a nice SFZ patch that has a nice aggressive attack but sustain *without the crecendo\"

this is another thing I like about GOS, there will be updates from some one willing to share Tom\'s got a lot coming as well.

I\'m always in agreeance with you on the fact that the more libraries the merrier, but I\'d like to be able to have to stop buying so many I think GOs and the update scheme will be the way for me.....or I\'ll just buy all the new orchestral sample libraries...

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I am talking about sharp as in pitch. When the horns answer the strings with a c, the a d then, eb (the octave above middle c)... those note are sharp.. especially the c and d... very sharp. can intonation be fixed in samples?
    Notemover

Go Back to forum