• Register
  • Help

Topic: Brief dream of sample playing keyboard with Giga

Share/Bookmark

Brief dream of sample playing keyboard with Giga

I was in Mars yesterday and sat down to play an Ensoniq ZR-76. All afternoon, after I left, I daydreamed of that keyboard loaded with many gigs of memory, Gigasampler in the ROM, and storing samples like the Malmsjo piano and Dan Dean Solo Strings. (And many of the Perfect Piano patches still sound good.) A giant step backwards, my more intelligent side said, but the thought of having so many drum patterns, buttons for a simple sequencer, and so many sounds available so fast still appeals. Someone nudge me awake, please. These thoughts are unhealthy.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Brief dream of sample playing keyboard with Giga

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jan:
    Jake, I think we are dreaming the same dream..
    Tascam has released an audio workstation with onboard mixer, hard disk, sequencer…A neat all in one package.
    Now, how hard can it be to integrate computer components with excellent master keyboard features PLUS a hammer-weighed piano keyboard. Add a nice LDC display to this and a great on-board sequencer, and you have the perfect workstation.
    Fear of your gear becoming outdated disappears as you can upgrade the hardware.
    Tired of sample-based instruments? No worry, you can upload any VST instrument of your choice.
    Take it with you for live performances without all the hassle of cables to and from the soundcard of the computer you had to bring along, which refuses to start up because of….
    I wonder which company will pick up this idea.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just buy a rackmount computer, rackmount audio interface, LCD monitor, and you\'re good to go. It stays \"wired\" because it\'s all racked up. Plug and play. I\'ve been using this rig for three years live, and it works great!! Not a problem yet.

Re: Brief dream of sample playing keyboard with Giga

Jake, I think we are dreaming the same dream..
    Tascam has released an audio workstation with onboard mixer, hard disk, sequencer…A neat all in one package.
    Now, how hard can it be to integrate computer components with excellent master keyboard features PLUS a hammer-weighed piano keyboard. Add a nice LDC display to this and a great on-board sequencer, and you have the perfect workstation.
    Fear of your gear becoming outdated disappears as you can upgrade the hardware.
    Tired of sample-based instruments? No worry, you can upload any VST instrument of your choice.
    Take it with you for live performances without all the hassle of cables to and from the soundcard of the computer you had to bring along, which refuses to start up because of….
    I wonder which company will pick up this idea.

Go Back to forum