• Register
  • Help

Topic: E.T. mockup with GOS+Kirk Hunter

Share/Bookmark

E.T. mockup with GOS+Kirk Hunter

It seems this is a very good combination indeed. I added the 24VLN HRDSUS patch on top of the GOS violins and it made the strings more engaging in some way. It could probably be even better if I tweaked some of the GOS strings, now that Kirk Hunters strings are playing the \'aggressive role\'.
    http://www.melomaniac.dk/MP3/ET-GOS+KIRK.mp3

Re: E.T. mockup with GOS+Kirk Hunter

THAT\'S MORE LIKE IT! Very well done, it seems though there could be a little more, \"bite,\" on some of the attacks, but overall, it rivals Thomas\' demo with his custom brass library. What brass library are you using? Also, what reverb?

I think the strings sounds quite a bit better than the pure Kirk Hunter demo Thomas did. The brass is AO french horns, QLB trombones and Maartens free trumpet!

Reverb - strings, Lexicon MPX1. Brass, woodwinds and the rest, TC M-One.

Simon

I now want both Kirk Hunter and GOS. You got me sold on it!!!

I think this Demo should be saved somewhere in the Giga Hall of Fame!!! Maybe we should create one!

Yes I aplogise for Saying Garritans was not impressive, only because I did not believe that the Demos were that great. This Demo to me is the best Illustration on what can be done with GOS and KH. So to me the answer is to use a blend of different samples to create that fulness I was looking for.

Thanks once again!!

[This message has been edited by Raven (edited 01-20-2002).]

Raven, thanks for the nice words. The transition from fast strings to legato in the beginning is pretty terrible though

I like the strings simon!!! Very nicely done... Sounds like gos works well with gos to me... good work!
    Notemover

I mean gos with kh... LOL stupid me... LOL

This sounds better but it still screams fake unfortunately :/ Especially the last two notes \"da-daaaaaaaaaa\" sounds a little dubious. Anyway great work!

(Oh and there are still wrong notes in the mockup Where are the 16th horn staccato notes fx?)

Maartens trumpets sound good here as well.

Thanks for taking your time, Simon

Thomas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas_J:
    This sounds better but it still screams fake unfortunately :/ Especially the last two notes \"da-daaaaaaaaaa\" sounds a little dubious. Anyway great work!

(Oh and there are still wrong notes in the mockup Where are the 16th horn staccato notes fx?)

Thomas
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are there. Heavily burried under a lot of other things. However I change the french horn staccatos to legatos in the last 4 beats pr bar towards the end... And I use sustains following the rhythm of the basses/etc for the trombones - only the french horns have 16ths. HOWEVER, to make it even more weird, I use 16ths notes for the trombones in the last few bars - same bars where I use 4*16th+sustains for the french horns. Yeah.. something like that

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 01-20-2002).]

Go Back to forum