• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: PMI Grandioso STEINWAY D, new demo material

Share/Bookmark

PMI Grandioso STEINWAY D, new demo material

We uploaded new demo material from Chris Nicolaides, Axiamusic (a nice quiet piece for solo piano that shows expressiveness)and 3 pieces from Bruce Mitchell, SOCAN, 2 pieces for solo piano and one for piano and orchestra (GOS, Dean, Vitous & percussion).
    http://www.postaudiomedia.com/demo.html

Hope you enjoy listening to their music!

Re: PMI Grandioso STEINWAY D, new demo material

The piano sounds great Michiel! All of the demos are very nice as well .
    This might have been discussed before, but how much will the piano sell for?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    The piano sounds great Michiel! All of the demos are very nice as well .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thank you! It actually their musical work!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>This might have been discussed before, but how much will the piano sell for?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The price is not fixed yet, but I think the library will be in the $300 region.
    Michiel

I just listened to the POSTDEMO MP3. This piano sample seems be captured very rich, dark and natural compressed sounding! It would be a beautiful piano-sample in classical arrangement as ever needed!
    Nice works, Michiel.
    Long

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LHong:
    It would be a beautiful piano-sample in classical arrangement as ever needed!
    Nice works, Michiel.
    Long
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks, Long,
    We figured it was essential to get the best piano technician, sound technician and musician that we could get for this recording. The piano technician took care each note was perfectly tuned (he was working all the time) and sounded right.
    This way I hope we get the final Steinway D sample set that can be used for any kind of music.
    Michiel

Hi Michiel

The demos make for facinating listening. This piano and your micing of it sound so different from the Bardstown Audio instrument (as you would expect). This is a good thing as it means I\'ll be able to justify having both in my collection.

One request, however - would you be able to post a version/versions of the same demos without the Altiverb processing? I personally prefer dryer recordings and it would really help when trying to critique the samples.

Kind regards,
    Stephen.

Hi Michiel,

One additional question -

$300 is equivalent to £208 UK money. Do you know if your distributor will play fair and do a straight conversion, or if they\'re likely to ramp up the price by invoking the annoying 1$ = £1 formula?

If that\'s the case, will I be able to buy direct from you?

Regards,
    Stephen.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sjduck:
    This is a good thing as it means I\'ll be able to justify having both in my collection.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Stephen,
    I agree. The different pianos on the market all have their own value and sound.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sjduck:
    One request, however - would you be able to post a version/versions of the same demos without the Altiverb processing? I personally prefer dryer recordings and it would really help when trying to critique the samples.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand you need these demo\'s real bad to get to know the quality of the library.
    Here is what I did:
    I\'ve made higher quality MP3\'s from the same midi files.
    You will find on the update demo page:
    the Wanderer, (by Bruce Mitchell) once played on the \"PMI STeinway D CLASSIC\" patch and once on the \"16 layers PMI Steinway D\" patch.
    The demo by Axia music (Chris) is now played once on the \"PMI STeinway D CLASSIC\" and once

on the \"\"PMI STeinway D 8 layers Virtuoso sustain\"\".
    All new MP3\'s are totally unprocessed and encoded to 256 bps MP3.

The demo\'s are now added to the page at: www.postaudiomedia.com/demo.html

Best,
    Michiel Post

Hi All,

Just to clarify, my original demo does NOT use Altiverb. It uses the Piano Hall setting on the Lexicon MPX1.

I thought Michiel had Altiverb and he thought I had it! Just a silly misunderstanding, but it still sounds pretty good to my ears!!

Chris

Hi Michael
    I just want to join the chorus -
    Congrats - You\'ve set a new standard for
    Piano libraries.
    As I heard those demo\'s I just kept saying to myself: Yes - the sound is right, yes -its so real you can almost feel the piano, listen to the delicate notes at the beginning of AXIA\'s piece and the sustained bass note at the end - right on ( great expressive playing by the way ), that dramatic chord in the middle of the orchestra piece - right on, the mystical pattern at end of the same piece - right on ( too bad about the Glockenspiel though - it obscures the beauty of the piano a bit)

Sorry for getting carried away... :-)

Where and when can I buy this?
    Will it be available in Europe? Worra?

Bjk

Go Back to forum