• Register
  • Help

Topic: A score for you all to check out

Share/Bookmark

A score for you all to check out

Hi

This may interest some of you. While this is a real band recording, I do use JABB when I am writing. I put together a little QT with the score and audio. I wrote this one a few years ago but have just finished the recording.

The high res will only work on a larger monitor. The low res will work on a laptop but you can not read the notes very well.

High Res- http://www.timusic.net/TDweb/Assets/...ap1280x960.mov
    Low Res- http://www.timusic.net/TDweb/Assets/...aplowerres.mov

Enjoy

Obmit

Re: A score for you all to check out

Great stuff, definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing!

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Thumbs up Re: A score for you all to check out

Nice music; and nice score presentation.

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Thanks guys.

Glad you like it. Eventually I will do the whole album and make maybe even get to the solos.

Obmit

Just wanted to update you all that this piece has been nominated for a grammy for best instrumental composition. I will also be presenting a lecture on big band writing at the first JEN conference in May in St Louis.

Regards

Obmit

Wowzerz !!!!! I can only dream of writing a chart that is 1/10th as good as this

Do you have a youtube channel or an rss feed that will alert me when you post new stuff ?

Thank you, Sir

Glad you like it. I don't have a youtube channel yet. Might get to it one day. I did put that up on youtube but it looked so bad. I have only made 2 of the videos. if you go to the scores page of my website, you can see the other. www.TimDaviesBigBand.com

Obmit

A score for you all to check out

Well I have no information about this subject so I am unable to make any comment. I would actually go through its details and then would surely post my suggestions and views.

Go Back to forum