• Register
  • Help

Topic: Watermarking on music

Share/Bookmark

Watermarking on music

I am wondering if it is possible to watermark music, and if yes, how do you go about doing so? I understand that common practise seems to be that you send off your music / samples to a watermarking \"factory\" which watermarks your stuff and returns it with a unique ID and a program that you can use to trace back music.

My question is: is this hard evidence in trials? I have loads of music on my website that I have copyright protected, but to prevent it being used in commercial music, illegally, I would like to watermark them as well.

How do I go about? Nick Phoenix (or any other library developers utilizing the watermarking system), would you mind contacting me on jzjz@online.no? I just want pointers as to where I can get this done, how efficient it is and if it applies to mp3 files as well as PCMs. I want to protect my music and future samples as well.

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

Re: Watermarking on music

Hi Thomas,
    You can pack your MP3\'s in a secure way and protect them against pirates or have people pay for listening to the files.!!!

Visit: http://www.soundwrap.com/
    Quote from their site:
    \"
    Soundwrap is the world\'s first complete solution for music producers and distributors who wish to securely DISTRIBUTE and SELL their music over the web.

Soundwrap™ protects your product from piracy, allows you to offer free trials and automates the registration, sale and billing of your music over the net. \"

I spoke to these people and they are very competent.

Good luck against the pirates,

Michiel Post

>>>Soundwrap™ protects your product from piracy, allows you to offer free trials and automates the registration, sale and billing of your music over the net. \"<<<<

OK, that thing is called \"digital rights management\".
    Such products are offered by InterTrust, Microsoft, RealNetworks, IBM a.o.

Excellent! Just what I was looking for. Thanks Michiel!

Thomas

Wow! It says that Soundwrap is free! That is very cool indeed!

it\'s not really free, but you don\'t pay them untill they pay you...

Go Back to forum