• Register
  • Help

Topic: questions about "maximum strength acoustic guitar" library

Share/Bookmark

questions about \"maximum strength acoustic guitar\" library

Hi,

I am looking for a product which enables me to construct realistic acoustic guitar parts relatively quickly and easily.
    Two libraries seems to address my need and I am in doubt which one of the two I should buy.

One of the libraries is \"Fingerstyles\" from Ilio. This library provides sampled guitar phrases that are organized in construction kits, which means that all phrases within one construction kit fit easily together (tonally and compositionally) with the other phrases of the same construction kit.

The other library is \"Maximum Strength Guitar\". It looks very interesting as it combines an extensive set of guitar samples with a midi phrase library. As the phrases are provided as midi files, it seems to provide more flexibility, as it allows me to change the chords in a phrase, etc.

Sadly, I could find only little information about the midi phrase library.

Can anyone tell me more about this midi phrase library, like:
    - Type of phrases (strummed chord patterns, fingerpicking patterns, melodies, etc)?
    - Styles (rock, folk, country, etc)?
    - Are the midi phrases organized in a kind of construction kits?
    - How many midi phrases does the library contain?

And about the sounds:
    - How good is the sound quality of the samples?
    - How playable is it?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Re: questions about \"maximum strength acoustic guitar\" library

Sounds great but only has major and minor chords. ( Istill don\'t get that one!) Midi stuff is helpful but limited

giga...

I purchased Max Str Guit about six months ago. Used it immediately. It turned out that some of the MIDI files fit my needs perfectly. The creator of Max Str Guit indicated once that he would be willing to create more MIDI libraries if customers wanted it. Several said they were interested but I never heard back.

The MIDI phrases include blues, folk, and country-like. They are limited but I found that from examination of how the particular sounds were formed, I could improvise on that. Not a construction kit but reverse engineering.

The library is very clean and playable. For steel string guitar, I like it more than Quant leap Guit. It is dedicated to one specific instrument. The strums portion are to simple to be very useful. However, the individual notes are good enough to be formed into VERY believable strums, which is what I did.

I can say is was worth the price -- I got it on sale (around $115).

clueless

Hi giga and clueless,

Thanks for your fast replies.

> but only has major and minor chords

That is indeed a minus. I hoped for more chord types and variations.
    I already own the \"Acoustic Essentials\" library that has about 7 chord types. And even this amount is in some cases still to limited.

The reason, I think, is that you have so many different variations for each chord type. There are maybe twenty or more different ways to play a C major chord (using different positions, damping selected snares, etc) and each variation has a distinct sound.

When I need the biggest flexibility, I create my own strums using the (fun and cheap) music software \"Power Chords Pro\". It is a sequencer that is oriented to guitarists. On its (customizable) fret board I can easily set any chord as shown in guitar tablature notation (is that the right term?). I can then define a library of chords and create a song by combining the chords with various strum patterns (upward stroke, downward stroke, finger picking, etc).

> However, the individual notes are good enough to be formed into VERY believable strums

This is good to hear. I have tried the sampled guitar libraries that I currently have and found that not all of the instruments are suitable for playing sequenced strums. Some sound extremely muddy when playing sequenced strums (although they sound nice when I play a melody or a fingerpicking pattern).

Have you also tried to create sequenced strums with other guitar libraries like “Pure Guitar”? How does it compare with “Maximum Strength Guitar” on this point?

> The MIDI phrases include blues, folk, and country-like. They are limited but I found that from examination of how the particular sounds were formed, I could improvise on that. Not a construction kit but reverse engineering.

If they do not form a construction kit, how are the phrases then organized? Are they instead small demonstration songs that you have to deconstruct?

Greetings,

Rob.

Hi Rob:

I also have Acoustic essentials. Don\'t have pure guitars. Do have Steve Stevens. Max Str Guit is best of the ones I have or have experimented with for assembling strums from individual notes.

As you guessed. The MIDI filers are short demonstration songs that show by example how to get certain picking effects.

My regret is that there were no nylon string guitars included.

clueless

Check out these new updated demos from Bardstown Audio of the Acoustic Jazz Guitars for solo and rhythm.
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/HJC-2.mp3
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/026.mp3

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Check out these new updated demos from Bardstown Audio of the Acoustic Jazz Guitars for solo and rhythm.
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/HJC-2.mp3
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/026.mp3

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, please make sure to check those new updated Bardstown demos out.

Then you might want to compare them to these Max Acous demos:
    http://www.nemesysmusic.com/sounds/mp3.html#mr_Guitar

(you\'ll probably need to scroll down the page a little to find the MaxStrengthSolo and MaxStrengthFull mp3s - they\'re at the Bottom of the 1st listing of Tascam libraries).

Go Back to forum