• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some fun stuff no orchetral stuff here

Share/Bookmark

Some fun stuff no orchetral stuff here

So my friend stopped b today asking me to show him how to use this ZIP drive I gave him a few years ago with his VS-1880 18 Track recorder.

I gave him the Drive with a bunch of old Vs-880 8 Track recorder stuff, jsut because I burned the archived data to CD at some point. So anyhow, we stumbled on this old jewel

www.musicyouneed.com/RW

Its about 8 years old I believe maybe 9. I had to post it with all the drama going on here lately

Tech details are that it was all sequenced Drums on a DR-5, with lots of tweaking to get the sound I did. Meaning multiple passes of jsut he snar drum tued diferently and EQ\'d differently and verbs and stuff. Bass is also DR-5, Totally Fake, but works really well. Gutairs are all real, played dirctly into the VS-880 with the VS Amp models. And voice is all me through a really cheapy busted radio shack mic with LOTS of EQ and stuff to make it and my voice sound better.

My voice has really changed since. I\'m guessing I was around 19 when I did this sucker

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-06-2002).]

Re: Some fun stuff no orchetral stuff here

Yoo! great stuff King, still sounds very good. I nearly made a mistake with a remark about the drums being well recorded, hehe.

Hey PeterRoos,

Thanks man. I jsut realized there was a problem with the file (was only 50 seconds).

I\'ve re uploaded it. Should be the full song now. Definitely worth rechecking out. There are some funny parts

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

yeaahhh!!!!sometimes we need to spend our time playing this kind of music !!!!
    btw are you a guitar player king?
    nice guitar licks .if you have more music with guitar i would like to listen.
    thanx

Hey Ricardo,

thanks man. thats me on guitar and vox. I used to be a shred head. In fact that playing is pretty bad. When I was in my \"shred prime\", which was a few years later, I used to play much cleaner.

As for more music with guitar. On and off, I\'ve been working on a Concept Audio DVD Albumn. the basic for the first song can be found at
    http://www.musicyouneed.com/stuff/Searching4angels_voiceofreason.mp3

It doesnt have any shreding, but I\'m hoping to put some fast 32 note runs and 16th note triplets into some of the songs

theres also some guitar in
    http://www.musicyouneed.com/stuff/Throwing_A_Fit.mp3 http://www.musicyouneed.com/stuff/imperialmetalmix.mp3
    and
    acoustic stuff in http://www.musicyouneed.com/stuff/MarshmellowyGoodness.mp3

again no real cool shredding. Thats all in he old prog rock songs I used to write. Like this nice 24minute long trilogy I wrote a few years back I wish I had a good recording of that sucker

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-06-2002).]

Sweeeeeeet!!!

Hahahahahaha, that rooster before the solo rules King!!! Wait a minute...the rooster...have you thought about a barnyard sample library...hmmmm...the possibilities are endless.

\"but I\'m hoping to put some fast 32 note runs and 16th note triplets into some of the songs \".
    dude we\'re speaking the same language!!!.of course i\'m kidding .i grow up too but sometimes is good to play things like jason becker ,marty friedman and paul gilbert just to relax don\'t you think?
    nice stuff king .imperialmetalmix rules!!!!i\'ll play some 32 notes runs and 16th note triplets tomorrow morning to wake up some friends here in my building!!!!
    rerelease these stuff sounds cool.

jubal,

Listen to that little chicken/rooster thing. Its actually saying \"punk punk punk PUNK ROCK!!!!!!\"

Ricardo,

Totally wake up the neighbors!!! I used to do that when I was a kid. Totally bring my rig back from a gig, set it up in my room and work on my tone at very loud levels

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Great stuff!! Takes me back to the music I was into about 10 years ago! I\'d love to hear your prog piece. I\'ve gotten back into some of the newer prog bands in the past 5 years. I like those 20-30 minute long pieces! Have you checked out bands such as Transatlantic, Spock\'s Beard, The Flower Kings and of course, Dream Theatre?

BTW, your recording skills are just awesome for being 19 years old at the time you recorded this piece. I\'ve had so many people play me their recordings from professional studios over the years that can\'t compare to yours.

Hey Haydn,

Thanks man.

DREAM THEATER!!! This is one of my all time facorite bands Stabbing Westward and DT aare the two that used to fight for top spot, now DT is taking a clear lead again.

I\'ve been so busy that I bought the new Double CD but haven\'t had a chance to listen to them.....Real bummer. I haven\'t even been able to listen to your CD!! Always on here right before I crash, or while I\'m doing a render, then back to the grind!

I have a demo of one of the songs I was doing for my concept album.

Its in one of hte posts above, called searching for angels. I dont go over board on the prog rock vox, because I\'m trying to stay in \"charcter\" for the character who is singing.

I used to practice singing along to dream theater and chris cornell to work out my voice. Then started drinking....didn\'t help much

BTW, I should add. When we found \"The Real Real World\", The mix was exactly the same as it was back in the day, but I dumped t to the PC, and threw it through Bruce\'s Tape Model Impulse in Acoustic Mirror, It really helped out. The sound of the original is a bit more on the \"digital\" side, being recorded all on a VS-880. the guitars especially, since they wre done using the Internal VS-880 FX/Amp Sim, which I\'ve always hated. I also limited the mix a tad.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 02-07-2002).]

Go Back to forum