• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions--Prosonus Orch. Collection?

Share/Bookmark

Opinions--Prosonus Orch. Collection?

Has anyone used or heard this library? Any opinions - pro or con - as to the useability of the sounds? Which samples, if any, are good? I know this is subjective, but go ahead and voice your opinion!

Re: Opinions--Prosonus Orch. Collection?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phattlippz:
    Has anyone used or heard this library? Any opinions - pro or con - as to the useability of the sounds? Which samples, if any, are good? I know this is subjective, but go ahead and voice your opinion! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    PL,

I just ordered the Prosonus Orchestral Collection today, after debating over either getting this one or AO.

From the demos, it seams that the brass and woodwinds are nice, and some of the violin sounds too, although I have less faith in this area of the library.

If you plan to get your strings from elsewhere (GOS, hint, hint ), then I think Prosonus might be a good choice.

As an all around library, it\'s probably very weak, but for starters, you can\'t go wrong with the $299 that it costs. Besides, BigFishAudio.com offers a 7 day money back warranty, should you hate the library so much...but I doubt it!

Sorry I can\'t be of any more help, I\'ll let you know my uneducated opinion once I do get the library and start playing with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Besides, BigFishAudio.com offers a 7 day money back warranty, should you hate the library so much...but I doubt it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, that\'s pretty damn cool. Wonder how that\'s possible?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    [B] Wow, that\'s pretty damn cool. Wonder how that\'s possible?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Damon and PL,

Just to make things clear, they don\'t actually offer a money back warranty, but an exchange warranty. Sorry about the missunderstanding. Also, the product must be manufactured by Big Fish Audio (So I guess Prosonus Orchestral Library doesn\'t qualify, or does it?)

Here\'s the exact words from their website:
    Satisfaction Guaranteed!
    If you\'re not happy with a Big Fish Audio product (purchased from Big Fish) you can return it for an exchange. You must call
    within one week of your receipt of the disc to obtain exchange authorization. Of course, Big Fish Audio cannot take returns on
    products manufactured by other companies. Likewise, Big Fish Audio can accept only one exchange per order. Big Fish Audio reserves the right to modify this policy.

Still damn cool of \'em to do that .

huh!! I didn\'t know that about Big Fish. Thanks for pointing this out!!

Yeah, that\'s pretty cool, and rather unusual for sample manufacturers. Hopefully they will set a trend, right?

[This message has been edited by MrArkadine (edited 02-12-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phattlippz:
    Has anyone used or heard this library? Any opinions - pro or con - as to the useability of the sounds? Which samples, if any, are good? I know this is subjective, but go ahead and voice your opinion! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    PhattLippz,

I got the Prosonus Orchestral Collection yesterday, still not enough time to mess around too much.

I posted my first ever GigaSampler piece here:
    http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/DarkAges.mp3

Dark Middle Ages in Europe (Spanish Inquisition and all )

LMKWYT!

Go Back to forum