• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Beautiful Mind mockup!

Share/Bookmark

A Beautiful Mind mockup!

Hello crew,

I watched A Beautiful Mind yesterday, and the haunting main theme got under my skin, so no better cure than letting it out...

Here\'s the links (MP3 and ZIP) http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/ABeautifulMind.mp3
    http://www.geocities.com/aristosaurus/ABeautifulMind.zip

Don\'t expect a faithful (to the note) reproduction, but I think that the feeling was captured pretty well.

Hope you guys like it!

Re: A Beautiful Mind mockup!

Who did that sscore?...
    wasnt it Horner?

Sounds alot like T Newman.

I sitll haven\'t heard this score or seen the movie.

Anyhow, cool stuff MR ark. Hows the Prosonous working out for ya?

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Yup, Horner did A Beautiful Mind. I think the cue is called \'Nash Descends into Parchers World\'.
    There\'s another cue on the soundtrack that plays with the same theme but has a stranger counterpoint going on which might be the one MrArkadine did the mockup from.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 02-17-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Who did that sscore?...
    wasnt it Horner?

Sounds alot like T Newman.

I sitll haven\'t heard this score or seen the movie.

Anyhow, cool stuff MR ark. Hows the Prosonous working out for ya?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hey King,

Yeah, it was Horner that did the score (nice music!), and Damon is right about the name of the track.

I apologize for posting this music, because it wasn\'t ready for prime time

This is what happened: I was with GigaSampler until 7:00 AM (No sleep for more than 24 hours), and everything sound cool (Second tremolo voice with cool atonalities and all).
    I just woke up, listened to it again, and it sounded like ****! So I\'m going to rework it.
    Has anybody had this problem when they were first with Gigasampler or got a new library that they were excited about?

Anyway...the prosonus is working pretty good, despite its obvious limitations it\'s allowing me to start working with Giga on scoring, and with some tweaking it can sound pretty good.
    Next libraries in the list (After a few weeks) will be, in this order:
    Garritan Orchestral Strings
    Dan Dean Solo Brass
    Ultimate Orchestral Percussion/LOP?
    Dan Dean Solo Strings
    Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds

Thanks for listening to the music. I\'ll let you know when I post a new version (There\'s a clear difference (perhaps) between functional atonality and crappy-no-sleep-mp3)

Go Back to forum