• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundstage and S1...Bruce?

Share/Bookmark

Soundstage and S1...Bruce?

I just downloaded Soundstage (FX3) from Cakewalk (thanks King for mentioning the price) and so far so great. I am using it with TrueVerb (w/ early reflections off) and it sounds pretty darn good. I seem to have the most success with adjusting the Prox. Adj. of the microphones (I think someone posted that suggestion) to get granular results.

Question: Bruce maybe you can field this, or anyone with Soundstage experience. Previously I had been working with Waves S1 and TrueVerb, using S1 to narrow the stereo field as per Bruce\'s suggestion. I found that this actually got rid of some of the nasty side effects of panning a stereo image. Does this work well in tandem with Soundstage? I find by default Soundstage sums the stereo field in so that my narrowing with the S1 before Soundstage doesn\'t make any difference. At least I can\'t hear it.

Also, do you lose character by allowing Soundstage to sum the stereo field into mono? It seems that although S1 narrows the field, it at least maintains the \'richness\' of the stereo recording. Any thoughts? Does any one use the \'Stereo In\' feature of Soundstage.

Hope that made sense. I am trying to get used to this plug-in stuff with GigaStudio and Logic. Thanks.

Re: Soundstage and S1...Bruce?

heh,

where can I read Bruce\'s tips that are mentioned here?

Dale

jubal,

In Sound Stage, you can actually use Stereo Input.

Placing the Left source at one point in the room aned the Right source in another. Somewhat being able to create the \"width\" of the source in the room. With good absortion and Trapping settings, and Mic settings as well as proximity you can get some great results.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Yep...thanks King.

However, I was wondering if it does the same sort of thing S1 does which is narrow the field. It seems like it can do that very thing assuming you place the L performer and R performer somewhat closer together. I like TrueVerb, but it\'s interface isn\'t that intuitive. Soundstage on the other hand is very intuitive...in other words \'what you see is what you get\'.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jubal:
    Yep...thanks King.

However, I was wondering if it does the same sort of thing S1 does which is narrow the field. It seems like it can do that very thing assuming you place the L performer and R performer somewhat closer together. I like TrueVerb, but it\'s interface isn\'t that intuitive. Soundstage on the other hand is very intuitive...in other words \'what you see is what you get\'.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct. Just place the left and right performers where you want them in relationship with the microphone position, and you will get the stereo field you\'ve \"drawn.\"

Go Back to forum