• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bosendorfer Imperial Demo, "Clair de lune"

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer Imperial Demo, \"Clair de lune\"

I just posted a new demo of the \"Bosendorfer Imperial\" to the MP3 page of our website... \"Clair de lune\" using the velocity filter articulation patch.

Here is the link...

http://www.bardstownaudio.com/mp3/032.mp3

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Re: Bosendorfer Imperial Demo, \"Clair de lune\"

Ahhh....beautiful....and one of my fav. pieces of all time too!

Donnie

Thanks Donnie, glad you like it!

Kip

Sounds very nice, indeed.

I\'ve always had a soft spot in my heart for the Bosendorfer Imperial...

Question:

Was the MP3 the result of someone sitting down at a keyboard and playing, or was it a highly edited and \"humanized\" midi file?

The reason I ask is simple. Many times I have heard \"demos\" or \"samples\" of a product that are based on highly edited, tweaked and tuned MIDI files. Much to my chagrin, I find it is nearly impossible to reproduce the sound quality from the keyboard itself... Sure, if I were to meticulously edit midi parameters, etc, I could achieve the results in question. However, for live performances, etc, that is not possible!

Quote:

\"if I were to meticulously edit midi parameters, etc, I could achieve the results in question. However, for live performances, etc, that is not possible!\"

There are many \"professional pianist\" who can play a midi keyboard in real-time and DO achieve performances that are every bit as good or even better than the demos, while playing the Bardstown Audio sampled \"Bosendorfer Imperial.\"

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I used the Bardsown Audio Bosendorfer piano with a Yamaha P-120 controller and Mackie 824 monitors the other night at a Gig. I can honestly say that for the first time in my playing career - I am now happy with my instrument. Kip\'s sample is more than playable, it\'s inspiring.

That is really good to hear!

I\'m definitely going to put this on my list of \"things I want to buy.\"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sjduck:
    I used the Bardsown Audio Bosendorfer piano with a Yamaha P-120 controller and Mackie 824 monitors the other night at a Gig. I can honestly say that for the first time in my playing career - I am now happy with my instrument. Kip\'s sample is more than playable, it\'s inspiring.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I\'m jazz pianist. I\'m very interested in playing live with gigasounds.
    I want to ask you which kind of music do you play and which kind of hardware configuration do you use.
    Thanks
    Robi

Hi

Ask away! I strive to play like players such as Lyle Mays, Keith Jarrett, Kenny Baron, Oscar Petersona and David Benoit. As I play in a trio (upright bass + drums) and in smaller venues only, we currently don\'t use a combined PA (although this is something we\'re looking into). I bought the P-120 because it has the nicest action, and backup piano sound should my old nail of a computer ever die on me.

Steve.

Go Back to forum