• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Flute sample

Share/Bookmark

Flute sample

Do any of you have a good flute sample to recommend? Dan Dean\'s Woodwind set looks good, but it\'s a bit expensive for me. I also looked at the Prosonus Orchestra, but it is hard to hear the flute in the demos. It seems like I heard something about the next XSample having flute, but I am not sure.

Doug Bircher

Re: Flute sample

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:
    Do any of you have a good flute sample to recommend? Dan Dean\'s Woodwind set looks good, but it\'s a bit expensive for me. I also looked at the Prosonus Orchestra, but it is hard to hear the flute in the demos. It seems like I heard something about the next XSample having flute, but I am not sure.

Doug Bircher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Doug,

Today it\'s your lucky day, because it\'s my day off and I will cook a solo flute sample from the Prosonus Orchestral Library for you .

I like the flute in the Prosonus quite a bit, but I can\'t compare with others. It sounds well to my rag puppet ears, that\'s all.

I am going to have to run it to NFX1 though, because that\'s all I have now. What preset do you want? I usually use Hall1Bright. Also I can capture the same file dry, but it might sound yucky as dry sounds usually are...

Just let me know...

Best Regards

[This message has been edited by MrArkadine (edited 03-06-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:

Doug Bircher
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug, you know you can buy DDs stuff separately, don\'t you? You don\'t have to buy the whole set.

Jacksmusic.com was doing a deal recently. Can\'t remeber the prices but I think the published price was around $70 (I could be wrong here, but i don\'t think it\'s much more)with maybe a little more off if you call.

Doug,

Z6 is right. If you just want the flute, then the Prosonus is overkill. Let me know if you still want an MP3 with a flute solo.

TTYL

Just went to the website: $87.20 with more off if you call. (sorry, thought it was $70) Still sounds like an OK deal though.

Thank you both. I didn\'t know that you can buy individual Dan Dean instruments. That may be perfect for what I want. Thanks MrArkadine for offering to put something together for me, but I think the DD should do.

Doug

Z6:

I went to the Jacksmusic site, but could not find individual instrument sounds. I found the Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds CD, but not the individual instruments. What did you click on to get to the individual instruments?

Doug

Hey,

No problem, but I might even do something, just for kicks

Doug:

Go to http://www.dandeanpro.com, click on \"Purchase\", then click on \"Solo Instruments.\"

Later,
    Tim

Z6:

I went to the Jacksmusic site, but could not find individual instrument sounds. I found the Dan Dean Solo Woodwinds CD, but not the individual instruments. What did you click on to get to the individual instruments?

Doug
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug,
    Try this: http://www.jacksmusicstore.com/dandean.html

All the Dan Dean stuff should be there.

Go Back to forum