• Register
  • Help

Topic: Synthogy Ivory Grand Pianos compatible with Cubase/Nuendo/and other software?

Share/Bookmark

Synthogy Ivory Grand Pianos compatible with Cubase/Nuendo/and other software?

As much as I love the interface with Synthogy, I was wondering if any other softwares out there can read the Synthogy library such as Nuendo or Cubase? If you go into the Ivory Items folder, each file type is "file" so I doubt any other audio softwares can read this? Ive heard the terms VST before, I'm not sure what that means or may pertain to my problem.

Re: Synthogy Ivory Grand Pianos compatible with Cubase/Nuendo/and other software?

Synthogy works great together with Cubase as VST.
    VST is the main standard for integration of Audio-Plugins into Steinbergs Sequencersoftware which is widely accepted by many others and the most producers of Audio plugins so so no problem at all with steinberg-Sequemcers. Just copy the Synthogy Plugin dll in the VST-Pluginfolder of your Sequencer as far this is not automaticly done while Installation of Synthogy and you will be able to open the Synthogy interface within your Sequencer.
    best Steffen

Re: Synthogy Ivory Grand Pianos compatible with Cubase/Nuendo/and other software?

Thank you for your response. I have copied the Ivory .dll into the plugins folder into Cubase, and it popped up the Synthogy interface! Though I have the interface, I can't seem to get any of the Ivory Grand Pianos working. I'm able to use all of the pianos that came with Cubase, but nothing works for Ivory Grand Pianos. Here is everything Ive done:

1)I click Cubase SX 3 exe
    2)I click devices, VST Instruments, Ivory VST
    3)Then it brigns me to the main Synthogy Ivory interface. Here is what the interface looks like:

http://www.flickcabin.com/sessions/d...vory%20pic.png

In that picture you can see the tab that says "No Piano Keyset," which has the list of Grand Pianos that wont work for some reason. Ive clicked on every Grand Piano in that list, and nothings working. Do I need to click any other tabs or options on that interface in able for the pianos to work?

I hope I provided enough info for anyone to tell me why I'm not getting any pianos to work in Synthogy Ivory Grand Pianos 1.5. If you got any questions or ideas which can help me get Ivory to work, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. P.S my midi usb cable is plugged in correctly.

That seems to me quite strange.
    Since I am not from Synthogy it might perhaps a good Idea to consult the support. Or check if your Hardware neets the Systemreqzuirements or at least to download the latest Software Update.
    Best
    Steffen

You obviously is new to VST plugins
    Cubase/Nuendo etc, are fairly complicated to use, and essentially for
    professional musicians.If you just need a sequencer I would suggest
    a free program called "Cantabile"

Anyway Ivory works well with Cubase.
    Since you got to the Ivory interface,next load whatever piano within
    Ivory

Then go to "Project" and add a midi track
    From the Output parameter for this mid itrack click on Ivory

You should be able to play your Ivory as a plugin in Cubase
    Last edited by droah; 06-16-2008 at 12:59 AM. Reason: wrong word

Quote Originally Posted by fahl5 View Post
    Synthogy works great together with Cubase as VST.
    VST is the main standard for integration of Audio-Plugins into Steinbergs Sequencersoftware which is widely accepted by many others and the most producers of Audio plugins so so no problem at all with steinberg-Sequemcers. Just copy the Synthogy Plugin dll in the VST-Pluginfolder of your Sequencer as far this is not automaticly done while Installation of Synthogy and you will be able to open the Synthogy interface within your Sequencer.
    best Steffen
    dude are you ok ? you define the protocol for that question ? !!! ivory simply does not work in any steinberg Vst host , whilst at the same time other VST Hosts "ie:forte : as a live Vst Host is 10 times more secure " got no problem in neither the dll (Vst file) path and version . nor in finding its lybrary (both stand alone and Vst s are fine ) simply steinberg hosts ( cubase 5 , 7.07 El , Nuendo 4.63 and Vst Performer ,) are not not able to find anything about Ivory correctly,and if the detected plugin loads up, it will crashes the app no matter what ( and always error no 6 is appear.

Thank you! very useful information!

Go Back to forum