• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Game Developers Conference, San Jose, next week.

Share/Bookmark

Game Developers Conference, San Jose, next week.

Next week is the Game Developers Conference. I will be working for the GDC (rubbing shoulders with the likes of and Jeremy Soule, Bill Brown and others, heh heh ) , and there is not a person on this board I would not want to say hello to and shake their hand. If you plan to go, try to chase me down so we can press the flesh and maybe chat. Respond and maybe we can schedule a meet time for the gang here that is attending. I do not know what my hours will be yet but next monday I will know. Naturally I will be attending the “Audio Track” meetings as much as time allows. Here is where the audio stuff is on the GDC site:
    http://cmp.bluedot.com/re/attendee/gdc_02/openPages/eventScheduler.esp?process=true&track=Audio&search Result=true

For the rest of you poor sods who cannot make it (or just not interested), if you would like a report on any area of interest, I will try to accomidate you. And no, I cannot get you in for free (they unreasonably expect their $150 up front). See some of you there I hope!

Anyway, come on by, introduce yourself and at least say hello!

--------------
    Doyle W. Donehoo
    Radar Music
    http://www.sierra-trails.com/radarmusic.html
    MP3.COM:
    http://www.mp3.com/Doyle_W_Donehoo

Re: Game Developers Conference, San Jose, next week.

Why are all these darn interesting meetings and conferences in the US, while I live in the Europe! I can\'t stand it!! (don\'t answer that question, it\'s retorical!)

Hmmm yet another reason NOT to stay here

[This message has been edited by Maarten Spruijt (edited 03-12-2002).]

I\'m VERY busy, and probably wont have the time to go, but I may try and snag a pass and head down. I really depends on how next week turns out on workload.

Dowle you can page me at (866)-209-1315

I still want to hook up iwth the Audio guyus and have a beer or so, but like I said. May be too busy.

Interested in heargin about GANG and the audio conferences. I\'ve missed GDC for too many years. USually because budget and time only allow for one show E3 or GDC. While GDC is great for development info, I like to have fun too so E3 is the one for that

Funny too...since GDC is only about 30-40 minutes away

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Maarten,
    You\'d LIKE Monterey. Beautiful area, right on the Pacific, soo you\'re not too far from that salt air!

C\'mon down. (Of course, you\'d lose whatever goverment support The Netherlands offers, but you could get to the conferences. (Alternative, get a government grant and OPEN YOUR OWN CONFERENCE! The Concertgebouw is a perfect location...) Then WE can drool over YOUR conference (Like Musikmesse-I know it\'s not in your country, but you\'re a LOT closer than we are, and now you don\'t have to worry about money conversion!)

Dasher

KI sez: \"Page me...Interested in heargin about GANG and the audio conferences.\"

Next Monday I get my work schedule, but better yet, they have the party-crawl on Friday night (which usually is a blast), no stinking badges necessary, and that might be a good time to link up with everybody. On another forum others expressed a desire to get together. I have your pager number, and my number is on my web site: can always leave a message. Monday evening I will have a better idea of things.

Hehe well Soundsmith... I prefer the nice scent of woods, trees and birds (not that you small the latter) over salt sea. But anyway... it would be rather... nice!

I had to go with \"Tutorials Only,\" which is ironically $300 more expensive than the Audio Track <a>(the irony being that I don\'t think I can get into the Audio sessions)</a>.

This was a particularly tough decision with so many great libraries released in that pricerange. The temptation was overwhelming. Hopefully, I will return with no regrets.

I\'ll check back here for everyone\'s schedule, see if we can\'t meet up somewhere...

[This message has been edited by Aaron Levitz (edited 03-13-2002).]

Doyle--if you see Bill Brown, try to get him to explain how he achieves those killer mixes!

:-)

Doyle--if you see Bill Brown, try to get him to explain how he achieves those killer mixes!

:-)

Phattlippz, you and me too: One of my first questions and hopefully he will answer. He has some of the best mixes I have heard anywhere. He uses live musicians, but not all the time, and his sound is consistant. For those wondering what I mean, go here:
    http://billbrownmusic.com/musicmain.htm

Go Back to forum