• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Voices of Apocolypse...any good demos?

Share/Bookmark

Voices of Apocolypse...any good demos?

The two demos for this library at Soundsonline are absolutely awful. The voices sound synthy and transposed, like every GM \"Choir Ahhs\" on every old tone module. I also have to wonder why the voices are positively buried under a techno track. Why is there always the compulsion to layer a silly techno track onto everything?

Anyway, if anyone has been courageous enough to shell out for this library based on those demos, do you have any decent mp3\'s you could show us?

Re: Voices of Apocolypse...any good demos?

LOL! Yea, I spent the money. No, demos yet. Still using SOV has my main source.
    Nick, has a demo with a VO on it. It\'s very good. All of his demos are.

Mitch, are you kidding? I think the choir sounds fantastic in those demos!
    GM choir my a*s

Thomas

Well gee, Mitch! Teach us how to get those sounds out of our GM choirs!

EDIT: Quick question, Nick... is there a non-vib Angels \"ah\" patch? I noticed there\'s an \"oo and oh straight tone\" now.

[This message has been edited by Lance_M (edited 03-21-2002).]

Mitch...Dis... Mitch.... Dis?

The mp3 version of the new demo has some pieces from the first, by the way... and it includes a new ending.

I have been under alot of pressure to make demos for this library and have rushed some of them and others are jobs. The latest mp3 includes cues from blade 2 tv spots. The client isn\'t as picky as some of you. That whole beat with a choir thing has become popular. I actually have 2 new cues that are stormdrum loops(not techno beats) with choir, that I really like. I will include them in the demo tomorrow, maybe. But obviously I am not going to make everyone happy. The comments about the choir sounding like some old video games are ridiculous.
    I find it interesting that, now that version 2 is out, noone on this forum has come out and said that they love this library. Version 2 took alot of effort and i would love to hear some feedback, good or bad. I am floored by version 2, but I guess the library just suits me.
    Francis B.
    Have you tried the church patches?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    I find it interesting that, now that version 2 is out, noone on this forum has come out and said that they love this library. Version 2 took alot of effort and i would love to hear some feedback, good or bad. I am floored by version 2, but I guess the library just suits me.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok...I\'ll say it again here...this is a different library in terms of out of box experience. The non-vibrato angels suprised me Nick...they are excellent...as well as the demons with the moving vowels..very nice.

A lot of solid programming has gone into this version and it is has a much more playable feel to it. As KingIdiot has said elsewhere the keyswitchable vowels is very nice...in other words being able to layout a track in one take. Most of the noise is gone as well in the lower samples...that was much appreciated.

Only thing that doesn\'t live up to the \'hype\' is the word building. Very nice to have...but also not as user friendly. However the pitched consonants and improved consonants does go a long way to improve it...thanks!

Good work!! I LOVE this library...well \'love\' anyway...

Nick,

I haven\'t had enough time to sit with Version 2.

I jsut spent an hour or so with it when I got it, installing and playing around.

From what I can tell it made a vast improvement on the library. I\'ve always said the main problem I had had with VotA was the programming. The new features are great from a design standpoint, and I like the sound. For me the vibrato is something I like very much. I like the over exagerated sound. However, I still would like a more static tone in the \"non expressive\" samples in the higher range.

For all you VotA users, I\'ve gotten around this in the version one samples with some formant shifting of samples of lower ranges up. 3-5 tones gave good results IMO. You guys may want to look into it if you want a more static tone in the higher ranges.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

I\'m buying this library for a specific piece that\'s a mix of, Jazz/orchestral/techno/new age. I was intrigued by the mention of being able to create words. Song that I\'m making has this strong chorus section, and I want VOTA 2, and a real choir mixed together so that the consonants will be even more articulate. I\'m very very excited about this library. GM sounds? ....... I\'m off to polish my gun.

Go Back to forum