• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: BEYOND THE EVENT HORIZON - Violin & Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

Share/Bookmark

Arrow BEYOND THE EVENT HORIZON - Violin & Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

{Edit: 08.08.2012}

In keeping with Randy's Summer Festival theme of re-introducing some of the more
    notable pieces from previous years, I am pleased to bring this little work back around
    once again.

You'll currently find it second piece down the page on www.DavidSosnowski.com

-DJS

Beyond the Event Horizon
    Violin & Symphony Orchestra
    David J. Sosnowski

To Listen:

www.DavidSosnowski.com

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Re: BEYOND THE EVENT HORIZON - Violin & Symphony Orchestra (Sosnowski)

David,

New and impressive. Your work covers such a wide scope of emotions, techniques, and stretches the ability to express with orchestra; a wonderful balance of the lush and chaotic. Very much enjoyed.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

David,

I just listened to the completed version this morning from the auto-emailing. It woke me up!

I'm constantly astounded (along with everyone else!) at your composing chops along with the personality and creative ingenuity with which your music is unfailingly infused. Event Horizon is no exception, and proves that even someone so highly accomplished can continue to grow and evolve in their craft. The conversation between soloist and orchestra is incredibly fascinating and never even remotely approaches predictability.

So, yeah, OK, I liked it (OK, so I loved it ).

Thanks for your generosity, encouragment and -- in this case -- for sharing your unique and tremendous talent with us.

Danny

Oops, too large for me to download at this location. Must wait to get in me own stud-dio!
    Styxx

Ooooo yeah! I managed to download! Wow David you just have to stop this excellent work you do! What would you classify this under? Eh, doesn't matter. Love it although I think you should get out more often.
    As always me friend ... awesome!!!!
    Styxx

Brilliant David!! I really enjoyed this piece. It took some very interesting and unexpected turns.

I love the orchestration as well. Being a former trumpet player I especially enjoyed the trumpet part

I've got to check out more of your music. I also appreciate being able to look at the score.

Steve Winkler

Hi David. I really liked this one. I’m always impressed with your writing and this is no exception. It isn’t something I can easily “wrap my ears around” in one listen (I gave it two so far), but I’m sure on repeated listening it will become clearer. I hope you get a chance to make an animated score for this – I think it would be helpful for people like me who can’t capture it all get a better foothold with it.

Interesting things (places?), event horizons. Many years ago I wrote a short sci-fi story based on this fact (quote from Wikipedia) – “An infalling object takes a finite proper time (i.e. measured by its own clock) to fall past the event horizon. This in contrast with the infinite amount of time it takes for a distant observer to see the infalling object cross the horizon.”

You again have provided us with a marvelous, thought provoking piece of music.
    Trent P. McDonald

David,

It is hard to keep finding ways to praise your music - I feel I have hit my adjective overload. But let me try again: this is stunning. You have always handled chaos/freneticism wonderfully - it is active and vibrant, but never so uncontrolled as to be incomprehensible; and that is true here. The lyricism that balances it, however, is joyous and radiant. Together these two qualities (among the many) make this a compelling work to listen to. In places it reminded me of the Berg concerto with regards to the wide range of emotion, and the way it changes very suddenly - I know comparisons are odious, but I hope you take that as a positive one!

This must be the Strad, yes? It sounds superb. From what you have said in the past, rendering is not where you choose to focus your energies; whatever time you put into this really paid off, as the solo violin truly sings.

Great title - it is very easy to hear and see this in the music.

Thanks for sharing such a fine work.

As always, in admiration,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

David,

This is so intriguing. It is so unmistakably a work only you could concieve. I will listen carefully a few more times before making any proper comments, at first impression what an emotional rollercoaster this piece is!

Thankyou for sharing
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Oh boy... I have to comment this work... not easy. It is spring and you certainly enjoy those new colouring of the flora around you. So many colours! It surprises me every other measure. You just celebrated your birthday, must have been a wonderful day to get all those notes on paper and into the computer. I feel humble in your presence..... I know we have different idiom, but yours is really stunning.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast